Status
Not open for further replies.

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
What are PEP and WBDO?

I ordered a KR-145 + 601A in October 2021. Priority Code 02 and not scheduled. I'm thinking of revising the order and how would these affect getting it scheduled? I'd ask the dealer to make the revisions, change the code to 11, and the dealer contact their Ford reg rep to restore the priority code to 02.
  1. Change Stone Gray Accent to Monochromatic Paint (61M)
  2. Change 5.0L V8 to 3.5L Hybrid (99D)
  3. Change PPO 2KW to PPO 7.2KW (477)
  4. Delete Interior Work Surface (50M)
  5. Delete Retractable Tonneau Cover (96J)

Or, should I place a new order with the revised specs before May 13? Would a new order get built before August?

Thanks in advance for your advice and insight!
If you change the engine - you lose price protection I'm pretty sure ( I tried and the dealer said changing the engine or trim you lose the price protection)

definitely do NOT place a new order. You will pay 5-6k more for a king ranch now. There has been 4 or 5 price increases since you ordered. That would be a pretty dumb idea (unless you don't care about the funds obviously)

You could always place a 2nd order under a different persons name (wife?) and see if it comes or not. But understand how much more $ it will be.

The good news is with the order banks closing, I would assume this means catching up on the backlog and yours coming to be built
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
If you change the engine - you lose price protection I'm pretty sure ( I tried and the dealer said changing the engine or trim you lose the price protection)

definitely do NOT place a new order. You will pay 5-6k more for a king ranch now. There has been 4 or 5 price increases since you ordered. That would be a pretty dumb idea (unless you don't care about the funds obviously)

You could always place a 2nd order under a different persons name (wife?) and see if it comes or not. But understand how much more $ it will be.

The good news is with the order banks closing, I would assume this means catching up on the backlog and yours coming to be built
If only Ford could communicate that. I dont think closing the special ordering will free up anything for the chip hold trucks. The line will continue to churn out trucks that are already ordered and dealer orders. So maybe some of these trucks that haven't been scheduled will finally get built, hopefully they don't get parked next to mine

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Did you expect anything less than

"Is everything complete? Ok sweep the floors, clean up. Oh. And get John's truck on the line. "

Ohh no, a smooth build/shipment is the last thing I expect, but I'm seeing a lot of things that give me a little hope it's possible.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
I wonder if my original order for a 2021 from May 1, 2021 will be bumped to a 2023. If so, can I get my max recline seats back?

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Posted in the other forum but...

Guys this isn't rocket surgery. Ford doesn't want a bunch of unbuilt 2022's around in Nov or Dec. So we will stop taking orders for 2022s super early, hopefully get those trucks built by fall 2022.

However lets also start the 2023 model year early. That way we still take orders and be under no pressure to actually deliver trucks. A 2023 ordered in July of 22 has what almost 18 months to be built before the 2024 model year? Ford MAY be able to actually accomplish that.

Sponsored

Fordloco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Raptor
When 7/18 rolls around and your truck is not built, when will you know your truck is destined for a 23 model or going to built as a 22? My dealers said price protection would still be honored as long a model options didn't change.

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
My order is a KR-145 + 601A, Priority Code 02, and not scheduled. Ordered in OCT 2021. I'm thinking of revising the order and how would these affect getting it scheduled? I'd ask the dealer to make the revisions, change the code to 11, and the dealer contact their Ford reg rep to restore the priority code to 02.
  1. Change Stone Gray Accent to Monochromatic Paint (61M)
  2. Change 5.0L V8 to 3.5L Hybrid (99D)
  3. Change PPO 2KW to PPO 7.2KW (477)
  4. Delete Interior Work Surface (50M)
  5. Delete Retractable Tonneau Cover (96J)

Or, should I place a new order with the revised specs before May 13? Would a new order get built before August?

Thanks in advance for your advice and insight!
Yesterday, I contacted the dealer who confirmed the OCT 2021 order remained unscheduled. This was an existing custom order that a customer abandoned. I took it over in April as an X-Plan buy and per Ford policy lost the OCT price protection. We decided to place a 2nd KR order with different specs before the order bank closed, in the hope that it might get scheduled sooner than the 1st order. Wishful, I know.

The 2nd order is a KR-145, 4x4, monolithic paint, 3.5 hybrid, 601A, Max Trailer, Co-Pilot Active 2.0, Chrome pkg, Moonroof, PPO 7.2KW, 360 Camera. Priority code 10. Whichever arrives first will be the one that I go with, although I prefer the 2nd order's specifications.

Tick Tock….

Last edited:

newFordie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
INFORMATION
2022 Model Year F-150 - Important Retail Order Bank Update

ACTION REQUESTED
Inform your teams that the final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year F-150 is May 13, 2022. This applies to the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor trims on hybrid and gas engines only.

SUMMARY
F-150 continues to experience high customer demand, and the daily rate of retail orders has significantly increased over the past several months. We are making the decision to pause and no longer accept new 2022 Model Year F-150 retail orders for the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor trims (hybrid and gas engines) after May 13, 2022 to focus on existing orders.

After May 13, 2022 and for the remainder of the 2022 model year, dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for F-150 dealer stock inventory and if selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, customers will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival.

We will start retail ordering for the 2023 Model Year F-150 in July.

KEY DATES

• May 13, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EDTto submit new 2022 F-150 retail orders for the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor trims on hybrid and gas engines.
    • WBDO/CONCEPs will no longer accept new retail orders after this date and time
  • May 19, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EDT for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year F-150 scheduling
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• We will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders for 2022 Model Year F-150 trucks submitted prior to or on May 13, 2022, pending specific supply/commodity availability
    • WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after May 13, 2022
      • Body and PEP codes cannot be changed
  • 2022 Model Year F-150 dealer stock inventory ordering will remain open after May 13, 2022
  • New customer retail orders will resume with the opening of the 2023 Model Year F-150 order bank in July
  • More information about 2023 Model Year F-150 will be shared at a later date
QUESTIONS
If you have questions, please contact your Zone Manager.
where can i Order? I am in Sac area northern california. I havent logged on here in a long time.

Mangolorian222

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor; Mach 1 HP
^^^ Dupratt Ford in Dixon can make an order for you. They sell at MSRP and do honor X plan.

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
The Oct 2021 order remains unscheduled and I'm convinced the May 13 back-up order will drag into the Fall. Decided to flip to a dealer-ordered Platinum that is built and clean, ready to ship.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Man oh man, I wrote this on a Lightning thread that’s now on the separate forum back in October 2021:

“Getting a new Ford is starting to be like getting on the Trabant waitlist in Cold War era East Germany!”

Ford F-150 2022 Order Bank Closing 5/13. 2023 Model Year Ordering Opens 7/18 6860B443-E887-4AF2-9FB9-09D9B6B83E47

Now that it’s over six months later, it really seems to be coming true :oops:

If I want a 2025 F-150, when will I need to order it to actually get it in 2025? Are things going to get better, or worse?

turkeydude929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on F150 King Ranch
Good Afternoon All: I was just informed that Ford will be shutting down the F150 ordering bank on 05/13/22, the order bank will reopen for orders for the 2023 model year on 07/18/22.

Dexter

Memo posted by @Pioneer74

INFORMATION
2022 Model Year F-150 - Important Retail Order Bank Update

ACTION REQUESTED
Inform your teams that the final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year F-150 is May 13, 2022. This applies to the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor trims on hybrid and gas engines only.

SUMMARY
F-150 continues to experience high customer demand, and the daily rate of retail orders has significantly increased over the past several months. We are making the decision to pause and no longer accept new 2022 Model Year F-150 retail orders for the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor trims (hybrid and gas engines) after May 13, 2022 to focus on existing orders.

After May 13, 2022 and for the remainder of the 2022 model year, dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for F-150 dealer stock inventory and if selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, customers will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival.

We will start retail ordering for the 2023 Model Year F-150 in July.

KEY DATES

• May 13, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EDTto submit new 2022 F-150 retail orders for the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor trims on hybrid and gas engines.
    • WBDO/CONCEPs will no longer accept new retail orders after this date and time
  • May 19, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EDT for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year F-150 scheduling
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• We will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders for 2022 Model Year F-150 trucks submitted prior to or on May 13, 2022, pending specific supply/commodity availability
    • WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after May 13, 2022
      • Body and PEP codes cannot be changed
  • 2022 Model Year F-150 dealer stock inventory ordering will remain open after May 13, 2022
  • New customer retail orders will resume with the opening of the 2023 Model Year F-150 order bank in July
  • More information about 2023 Model Year F-150 will be shared at a later date
QUESTIONS
If you have questions, please contact your Zone Manager.
My dealer notified me last week about this change; however, he also told me that Ford would not get to my order this year and that my order was cancelled. I ordered a '22 F150 King Ranch FX4 with PowerBoost hybrid back on Feb 1, 2022. He indicated that up to 100 of their customer '22 F150 orders were cancelled. He said due to supply chain and "other" issues that Ford would not be able to meet the delivery of these '22 trucks, thus all of the orders are cancelled and customers would have to re-order '23s. He said there would not be a rollover of orders to '23 and that I would have to place an order for a '23, which I did. Of course, price went up and some options no longer available. So, essentially I've had to start the process over. If I get to end of year and see the same shenanigans I've seen this year, I'm out for purchasing a truck from Ford!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
My dealer notified me last week about this change; however, he also told me that Ford would not get to my order this year and that my order was cancelled. I ordered a '22 F150 King Ranch FX4 with PowerBoost hybrid back on Feb 1, 2022. He indicated that up to 100 of their customer '22 F150 orders were cancelled. He said due to supply chain and "other" issues that Ford would not be able to meet the delivery of these '22 trucks, thus all of the orders are cancelled and customers would have to re-order '23s. He said there would not be a rollover of orders to '23 and that I would have to place an order for a '23, which I did. Of course, price went up and some options no longer available. So, essentially I've had to start the process over. If I get to end of year and see the same shenanigans I've seen this year, I'm out for purchasing a truck from Ford!
Sounds more like an issue with the dealership than with Ford. If you ordered on 2/1, it was submitted, and you did not make any changes, it should have gone through like it has for many people that ordered long after that date.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.