Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I placed an order for an f150 just today around 12pm EDT (also have one currently on microchip hold). Dealer did not say anything about order closure. Don't have a VIN yet, obviously. Will be interesting to see what happens next Thursday when/if F150s are scheduled.
Sponsored

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
I placed an order for an f150 just today around 12pm EDT (also have one currently on microchip hold). Dealer did not say anything about order closure. Don't have a VIN yet, obviously. Will be interesting to see what happens next Thursday when/if F150s are scheduled.
Dealers don’t know because it hasn’t been confirmed. It’s speculation based off how many are still unscheduled with the 22’s around the corner. Ford is probably thinking they’re going to have to give away the 21’s that are built this late so why not push it to a 22?

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Dealers don’t know because it hasn’t been confirmed. It’s speculation based off how many are still unscheduled with the 22’s around the corner. Ford is probably thinking they’re going to have to give away the 21’s that are built this late so why not push it to a 22?
Yeah. As far as I understand it, the '22 will have little or no changes (maybe just paint?)

Dealer mentioned today, if this happens, we will have to create a new order for '22. And simple supply/demand economics dictate, f150 consumers are likely in for a significant price hike in '22.

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Yeah. As far as I understand it, the '22 will have little or no changes (maybe just paint?)

Dealer mentioned today, if this happens, we will have to create a new order for '22. And simple supply/demand economics dictate, f150 consumers are likely in for a significant price hike in '22.
I don’t think the price hike will be significant with little to no changes. You won’t have the $1,250 lease renewal or zero percent.

Reactions: Don

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I don’t think the price hike will be significant with little to no changes. You won’t have the $1,250 lease renewal or zero percent.
Price hike significance is relative. Expect a greater fractional hike than prior years.

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Isn’t it likely that there will be some very minor changes (tail light lens, head lights) so that someone could differentiate a2021 from a 2022? Should not have to look inside the door panel or decipher a vin number.

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Just spoke with my dealer, was advised to call back on the 16th to place an order for a 2022, as they are unsure if any additional unscheduled 2021s will be produced this year.

Liquid-Todd_AZ

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sales
Just spoke with my dealer, was advised to call back on the 16th to place an order for a 2022, as they are unsure if any additional unscheduled 2021s will be produced this year.
Which dealer in AZ said that?

crvz

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor (order), 2019 M2
I think your dealer is trying to say “all the 2021 spots are gone, we don’t know if unfulfilled 2021 orders will be canceled or converted, to avoid the hassle of possibly coming in twice, please come next week”

For those of us with orders already in the system, we have to decide between canceling our orders and going to the back of the end of the line on September 15th vs taking the chance our order will be converted and not losing our place in line. Despite plenty of comments to the contrary, I will stick with my June order and the unlikely chance it gets automatically converted to 2022. This could cost me an extra couple of months compared to running to the dealer on September 15th.
I was chatting with Ford performance last week checking on my order... they told me that the dealer should be able to "convert" or "move" a '21 order to a '22 order while keeping your original order date so as you don't go to the back of the line. So anyone with an order right now, I would pester your dealer to figure out how that works instead of just placing a '22 order clean. I didn't get any of the details on how that works, but the Ford folks imply it's feasible.

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
I was chatting with Ford performance last week checking on my order... they told me that the dealer should be able to "convert" or "move" a '21 order to a '22 order while keeping your original order date so as you don't go to the back of the line. So anyone with an order right now, I would pester your dealer to figure out how that works instead of just placing a '22 order clean. I didn't get any of the details on how that works, but the Ford folks imply it's feasible.
It can be done in Ford’s retail software WBDO as well as their fleet software Conceps.

Sponsored

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
My dealer told me today that my 08/27 order is now a 22 order, rolled by Ford based on the original order. The dealer has requested additional 21 allocation slots and will duplicate my 21 order if they can get a slot.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
How did you extend the search radius? The Ford search tool on their website only lets me search a maximum of 100 miles.
when you are on that page you go up to the address bar and change the radius=20 or 100 and replace that number with 499 and hit enter.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

I’m just curious why? With less than a week away from a 22 orders, why order a 21 now?

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I’m just curious why? With less than a week away from a 22 orders, why order a 21 now?
1) to lock-in 0% for 72mo
2) the long wait for 1st build had me reconsider options on original build

I don't mind the wait and in which model year it lands; '21 or '22 - as long as it's here before spring projects.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
1) to lock-in 0% for 72mo
2) the long wait for 1st build had me reconsider options on original build

I don't mind the wait and in which model year it lands; '21 or '22 - as long as it's here before spring projects.

I’ve heard many times over and several dealers confirming that you can’t lock in the financing rate at the time of retail ordering, only in the end upon delivery if the same rate is available. So i’m not sure how that will work out for you. As for the rest, hopefully yours is the last 21 f150 that gets build:)
Sponsored