Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I’ve heard many times over and several dealers confirming that you can’t lock in the financing rate at the time of retail ordering, only in the end upon delivery if the same rate is available. So i’m not sure how that will work out for you. As for the rest, hopefully yours is the last 21 f150 that gets build:)
Maybe my dealer is blowing smoke - they've told me several times rates and incentives at time order was placed would stick. But, realizing ford finance is a while different org, what you say makes sense. To be honest, the real reason for submitting another order was for the spec changes. :)
Sponsored

CK.MECHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycles
when you are on that page you go up to the address bar and change the radius=20 or 100 and replace that number with 499 and hit enter.
I had tried that previously. While it does change the range displayed do you actually see dealers further than 100 miles? Because for me no matter if I put in even 1000 miles it still only shows vehicles max 100 miles from me.

Ex. I put in a search within 100 miles and get 4 results. I change the range to 500 miles and still only those same 4 results.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I had tried that previously. While it does change the range displayed do you actually see dealers further than 100 miles? Because for me no matter if I put in even 1000 miles it still only shows vehicles max 100 miles from me.

Ex. I put in a search within 100 miles and get 4 results. I change the range to 500 miles and still only those same 4 results.
It worked for me just changed the 100 to 499

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST

I can only get 499 or less to work. Yes all dealers within a 499 mile show for me. Might be a browser specific thing?

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Maybe my dealer is blowing smoke - they've told me several times rates and incentives at time order was placed would stick. But, realizing ford finance is a while different org, what you say makes sense. To be honest, the real reason for submitting another order was for the spec changes. :)
You absolutely can lock in the incentives and rate at the time of order. Your salesman/dealership has to click the correct box in order for them to get the funds from Ford but it’s easy.

Sponsored

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Which dealer in AZ said that?
My order is through Autonation Scottsdale. Last night I spoke with two other dealerships about their incoming dealer ordered units, but neither had encouraging words to share about unscheduled 2021s. PM me if you'd like to compare notes (y)

Last edited:

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Granger stated that they can’t get any new 2021s ordered/assigned VINs.

apparently my order from back in July is about the last one to get a VIN

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Granger stated that they can’t get any new 2021s ordered/assigned VINs.

apparently my order from back in July is about the last one to get a VIN
Yea that’s what we have been discussing during meetings. It hasn’t been confirmed but we are letting customers know their order may be a 22.

Jrford665

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yea that’s what we have been discussing during meetings. It hasn’t been confirmed but we are letting customers know their order may be a 22.
so if you have a vin, yours is getting built? Or are those getting rolled over to 22MY?

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
@Pibblemobile you appear to have some inside understanding on this can you share is this automatic so a unscheduled clean order no vin will automatically become a my22? Or do we actually have to place a new order? What about pricing, scheduling any benefit to staying with the original order vs just ordering a new my 22 on the 15th? I'm really trying to understand this process. Thanks for any insight you might be able to share.

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
In my case I have not been issued a VIN so I am tempted to just order a MY22 on the 15th but trying to determine if there is any benefit to staying with the original order vs just putting in a new order.

G-Train

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bullitt Mustang
We are in uncharted territory so manufacturers are groping and trying to figure it all out. We are just caught in the maze of it all. I tend to believe that we won't see our vehicles soon. Next week should be interesting cause if you have another idle week for F150s, we are all hosed and all bets are off for getting any unscheduled vehicles built as MY21. I just want Ford to just cut bait and just make the executive decision to move to 22.

G-Train

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bullitt Mustang
I'm not "jamming" your post but I do have to take issue with letting Ford off the hook because of the admittedly "uncharted territory".

I can order a Tesla today and it will be delivered in a month+/- and I'm pretty sure there are a few "chips" in a Tesla.

GRANTED... Tesla isn't producing the same volume as Ford but they weren't ever expecting to either.

So this isn't a "uncharted territory" issue, this is a "caught with your pants down" issue and hopefully someone at Ford has been fired for this clusterfuck.

PLUS... hundreds if not thousands of F150s have been built and shipped that were ordered AFTER I ordered mine. So the "chip shortage" and "parts availability" excuse is pure, grade A BULLSHIT!

As far as moving my order to a 2022 model... if I wanted a 2022 I could have waited and ordered a 2022.

But I might end up getting a 2022 anyway. We'll see... but likely not until they pull it off the truck since Ford tells us NOTHING...
uncharted terrority is covid and its lingering effects. Renesas burning down in Japan where a ton of auto mfr chips are made and the eventual ramping of that back up. Mfrs canceling chip orders when covid started and losing their places in line and having to wait to then get chips. I am not saying Ford is not culpable and is a pure victim but I am putting their issues in context.

Ford also didn't allow dealers to order as many MY20 models as they normally would so they could turn their factories to building 21 models and get a jump on supplies.
These are the uncharted terrorizes I am referring to and their issues with their German supplier for the Bronco hardtop is another one that you can say is just pure bad luck.

I am waiting on my 10 Jun placed order for a Raptor and I am still unscheduled so I do have reasons to be annoyed as well. Just putting it in perspective.

Jrford665

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’ve never had a vehicle with a VIN and schedule date switched to a different model year. I’m not sure that’s even possible?
Oh in that case, what about for a vin’d order with no schedule date? Cause thats the boat im in ?
Sponsored