Sponsored

Clunking Noise in Rear End

Introvertedhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I just picked up a 21 XLT yesterday and didn't notice this issue during the test drive. But it clunks anytime I turn with an incline / decline.

I love the truck but this will be my 3rd f150 with an issue within the first week of purchase.

Had an 11 lariat that had a grinding / scraping noise when turning and applying brakes. Ford told me it was normal and could never find the issue. I eventually gave up trying and sold the truck a year later.

Bought a 15 lariat and had bad shaking when going 70+ mph. Ford had the truck for about 2 weeks and discovered it was one of the factory wheels causing the issue. Had no other problems with that truck.

Guess I'll call the dealership back tomorrow and see if the info here is truly a good fix and that they won't have my truck for weeks on end.
Sponsored

Steve H

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Profesional
I am thinking Ford had someone on the assembly line that gun didn't set the torque gun correctly?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Good point. Mine was built on 6/22. Is everyone else builds around the same date range?

Steve H

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Profesional
If you have the original factory window sticker / build sheet there is a build date on the bottom of it.

Sponsored

quartzlariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat 500a, 2021 F150 Lariat 502a
Well picked up mine last night(7/22 blend Dearborn) and sure enough pulling in my driveway with 53 miles on the trunk clunking noise coming from the rear. Contacted my dealer immediately and they are putting same parts as my fathers truck on order( rear u-bolts and nuts)

zamco17

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 XLT
I like many others had this happen to my 2021 FX4 that I bought just this past Thursday. I took the work order that MRem Gallegos had posted with me to the service manager yesterday. They tried what was done to his truck but to no avail. He did say ford knows about this issue as its popping up a lot, and this is all over the forums that the mechanics at Autonation use to communicate. It even happened to another f150 sold the next day. They basically said they are waiting for a fix from ford, not a recall but a bulletin to let all service centers know. So we shall se what happens in the future. Juts wanted to let you guys how my experience with this problem went. Many thanks for all the input!
Sponsored