Clunking Noise in Rear End

MrEmGallegos

First Name
Emery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I like many others had this happen to my 2021 FX4 that I bought just this past Thursday. I took the work order that MRem Gallegos had posted with me to the service manager yesterday. They tried what was done to his truck but to no avail. He did say ford knows about this issue as its popping up a lot, and this is all over the forums that the mechanics at Autonation use to communicate. It even happened to another f150 sold the next day. They basically said they are waiting for a fix from ford, not a recall but a bulletin to let all service centers know. So we shall se what happens in the future. Juts wanted to let you guys how my experience with this problem went. Many thanks for all the input!
Damn! I’m sorry it didn’t get fixed for you.
Sponsored

baggs32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 502A Antimatter Blue
Saw this posted in another forum and wanted to share. Looks like there's an official TSB now which is referenced in the linked video. Anyone able to download it and share the actual document? TSB 21-2253 he says.

Introvertedhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Saw this posted in another forum and wanted to share. Looks like there's an official TSB now which is referenced in the linked video. Anyone able to download it and share the actual document? TSB 21-2253 he says.

I'm taking mine in tomorrow morning for this and will reference the TSB he mentioned. I hope this fixes my issue. Also getting some intermittent vibration around 75mph but I'm more concerned with the popping noises at this point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0

Thanks for sharing! Just hope this is a long term fix. Anything that requires lubrication eventually needs it again.

baggs32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 502A Antimatter Blue
FWIW I’m 99% sure my 2018 did this too. I distinctly remember a similar noise when I first got it but it went away after the first winter. It was also a demo model so it wasn’t brand new per say. I think it’s starting to lessen in my 21 now so I’m going to give it a little time before rushing to the dealer. Hopefully this takes care of everyone else’s problem!

DaftJak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4X4

Thank you for this, just went to my dealership with this info and they put the parts on order. Thanks again!

Craigr

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Mustang, 2021 F150
I picked my Lariat up July 30 and all was good. On Aug 4 as I was leaving my driveway I heard that horrible noise. Thought something broke. Took it to the dealer on the 6 and they were lost for words. They did find the box bolts were loose but not the issue.

Found out yesterday about the bulletin. Of course the u-bolts are on back order!

My truck also came with a nice gouge in the left rear cab corner. That goes to the body shop soon.

Hope this isn't a bad sign!

Craig

Ford F-150 Clunking Noise in Rear End IMG_20210730_1631431

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I picked my Lariat up July 30 and all was good. On Aug 4 as I was leaving my driveway I heard that horrible noise. Thought something broke. Took it to the dealer on the 6 and they were lost for words. They did find the box bolts were loose but not the issue.

Found out yesterday about the bulletin. Of course the u-bolts are on back order!

My truck also came with a nice gouge in the left rear cab corner. That goes to the body shop soon.

Hope this isn't a bad sign!

Craig

IMG_20210730_1631431.jpg
Did they give you an ETA on the back order?

Sponsored

Craigr

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Mustang, 2021 F150
No eta on the back order parts! ?

Also I just checked and my truck blend date was July 7 and built in KC.

KYLeadfoot21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Honda Pilot
I took my truck to dealer to get this fixed. They said parts are on backorder. 2 wks. Ago I took my rear shocks off and replaced with fox 2.0 and added a motofab 1-1/2” spacer to level out the front and I shit you not the s.o.b. Hasn’t made the noise since, and it was doing it every damn day! I found the fix! Ford owes me some $$$?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I took my truck to dealer to get this fixed. They said parts are on backorder. 2 wks. Ago I took my rear shocks off and replaced with fox 2.0 and added a motofab 1-1/2” spacer to level out the front and I shit you not the s.o.b. Hasn’t made the noise since, and it was doing it every damn day! I found the fix! Ford owes me some $$$?
Let's get some pics with the motofab 1.5" spacer. :)