Sponsored

Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available?

OP
OP
Boen

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
I already have that update woring on my truck. SO its possible. If Ford sends it outor not is another thing
Interesting! Do they not want to update older one so they has new features on new models to sell them better?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I have a 22 KR, early Feb build it has the active parking, it works, a bit different then my 18 in operation. But does parallel and perpendicular parking.

There were no deletes on my truck.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Interesting! Do they not want to update older one so they has new features on new models to sell them better?
I cant imagine that these features would be enough to really push someone into a new truck concidering the things Ford is cutting. Alot of people bioutght 21s and they are way more loaded than some 22s and 23s. They have the LayFlat and Multi Contour seats. Heated wheel APA and several other options that arent availabel in the recent models.

I think the percentage is higher of it getting pushed out is higher than not.

The fact i was able to install it at all tells me it will be. Also the 23 F150 is not shipping wiht those upgrades active. They could be enabled easily in a 23 with BC. Way eaiser for a 23 than 21 or 22

OP
OP
Boen

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
I have a 22 KR, early Feb build it has the active parking, it works, a bit different then my 18 in operation. But does parallel and perpendicular parking.

There were no deletes on my truck.
Mine was built in 08/22 and has everything but Active Park Assist

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Mine was built in 08/22 and has everything but Active Park Assist
You have multicontour seats, heated steering?

My 2021 Platinum has ambient lighting in the cup holders and media bin.
I had to retrofit them in the 2022 KingRanch.

But I ain't complaining. Other than APA, (and ambient lighting), the truck is loaded with every feature I requested.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boen

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum

But I ain't complaining. Other than APA, (and ambient lighting), the truck is loaded with every feature I requested.
It dosnt have that seat it was deleted. Has everthing else but APA

OP
OP
Boen

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum

Yes heated steering wheel

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
Has it been determined that if you have Brown sensors on the outboard area ...then you should have all the hardware to have APA?

OP
OP
Boen

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
Unknown on the sensor on mine but everything else works like bluecruise

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@Snakebitten sounds like @Jesse-Infotainment graciously did all the leg work already. You might ask him for the changes, if you haven't already, and see how it goes. Super curious at this point.
I don't know how Jesse keeps all this straight in his head. 🤣

I'm in no hurry, but I am curious too.
Honestly, I don't know if I would ever use the feature, but it IS so rewarding to overcome the never ceasing obstacles with these amazing trucks. And I wouldn't mind being able to help others if I get it working.

So when Jesse catches his breath, and he thinks he knows what I should try, I'll certainly share.
On the record, I have not even tried a single Forscan edit related to APA. I didn't want to start without both a game plan and witnessing someone else succeeding.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
[
@Snakebitten sounds like @Jesse-Infotainment graciously did all the leg work already. You might ask him for the changes, if you haven't already, and see how it goes. Super curious at this point.
From earlier in the thread when Jesse was online and posted my sensor, I’d sent him my VIN. He hasn’t had the chance yet to send a test for us is to confirm.
I’m sure he’s got plenty on his plate and will get back with us when he has a chance.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Has it been determined that if you have Brown sensors on the outboard area ...then you should have all the hardware to have APA?
It is a different sensor part number on the front outer two sensor like mention before, however all the rear sensors are the same number, even six sensor rear bumpers. So there must be something special with those two front ones that help it do something. Must be a different distance range or reading, something along those lines.

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? 1671252335764

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It is a different sensor part number on the front outer two sensor like mention before, however all the rear sensors are the same number, even six sensor rear bumpers. So there must be something special with those two front ones that help it do something. Must be a different distance range or reading, something along those lines.

1671252335764.png
So, I may have to buy a few additional sensors to get this to work? Nice! Something to finally spend my ford points on. 😁

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Quick update.
First, thanks @Jesse-Infotainment for your time and effort on this!

I tried the first pass set of Forscan changes yesterday. This was the minimum necessary starting point with the understanding more updates would likely be needed.

The park button did bring up a second park assist feature, showing promise, but with system faults. This initial fact finding step may not have been as useful for Jesse to factor next steps due to what turned out to be Forscan having whacked my trucks profile, along with my relative inexperience with APIM mods via Forescan. We were able to restore things. He did have some ideas about some additional next steps based on that first attempt.

However, It became readily apparent with this being an iterative process it would be best done locally with eyes on to be able to address variables or anomalies as they occur.

So Dallas..... @Snakebitten, when is your next trip?? ;)
Sponsored