Sponsored

Asssist 2.0 vs Active 2.0 differences / comparison?

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Hi Everyone,

Been trying to purchase an f150 for a few months now, with seemingly little success.

One of the options I really wanted to have is the Active 2.0 to get bluecruise, as I do almost strictly highway / long distance driving. I've found a truck that meets all of my requirements, EXCEPT has the Assist 2.0 instead of the active / bluecruise.

Can anyone who has experience with bluecruise outline what it does, that the assist 2.0 wont?
Sponsored

Derkluge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 502A Atlas Blue (on order)
Per the Ford website, the CoPilot 360 Active 2.0 package has everything from the Assist 2.0 package, but with the addition of:
- BlueCruise
- Active Park Assist (but this feature is getting stripped from remaining 2022 builds)
- Forward Sensing System

You’d still get the intelligent adaptive cruise control with the Assist 2.0 package. In practice, the main difference may be that you just can’t take your hands off the wheel with Assist 2.0 (on BlueCruise enabled highways).

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I’m gonna ask it anyways, just to be sure. Is there any way to upgrade a truck with copilot assist to copilot active AND actually get the blue cruise?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's been done.
There's an XL F150 with Bluecruise on this forum. It belongs to the infamous Jesse-Infotainment.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
It's been done.
There's an XL F150 with Bluecruise on this forum. It belongs to the infamous Jesse-Infotainment.
I actually expected the answer to be "not possible". I am glad I asked. Does he have a write up for it anywhere?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No I dont. I havent ever shared what I did. Its not an easy to add You need a lot to be added a lot to be programmed. My other issue is if I start spilling the beans on how to do this then Ford will shut it down. So I have not shared it.

You need to replace the screen, add a module some sensors and a camera. Some wiring will need to be done and the programming.

You will need at least the front sensors as well. You really need all of the sensors. If you notice even the trucks without Active park assist have all the sensors. I cant say 100% they are used now but they for sure will be in the future for lane change assist.

IF I were to ever help someone .. I would have to do it. I wouldnt spread this particular info on the internet.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
@Jesse-Infotainment thanks for your candor. While it is possible, I’m not sure it’s reasonably possible for the average person. I’m fairly mechanically inclined but have an elementary level of knowledge with programming and electrical

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment thanks for your candor. While it is possible, I’m not sure it’s reasonably possible for the average person. I’m fairly mechanically inclined but have an elementary level of knowledge with programming and electrical
Yeah and that’s another reason I’m not so willing to spread this around. Someone may see it get deep into it and create a mess.
So while yes it can be done it’s something only the most capable should attempt

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
The active package adds Bluecruise which allows you to drive hands free...
Most of my driving every single day is on BC enabled freeways..

There is a big difference between driving with intelligent adaptive cruise control and BC... It is a more relaxing as you are not constantly trying to nudge the steering wheel..

I would just wait to find a truck that has the active package.. I personally think it's worth the wait!
Sponsored