Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Exactly.
The hardware is an oem F150 IPMA with 1.2 installed on it by our forum guru.
Which is very encouraging and pretty much implies it's just software.

Of course, "just software" isn't exactly Ford's strong suit. 😁
Sponsored

Last edited:

bushpilot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150, 4x4, 3.5L, PB 7.2KW, Platinum
He just got the updated module rather than wait for the update to be pushed. @Jesse-Infotainment has already proved it's not hardware upgrades and only software.
thats interesting cause in the video he also talks about having to make some forscan changes.

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
thats interesting cause in the video he also talks about having to make some forscan changes.
I believe to get it synced up with the truck rather than ford pushing the update he had to do some programming with forscan. Most who have tried this couldn't get the animations on the screen to work like they are from the factory on the 2023 Mach-E's.

I've been following for the 1.2 update because Im tired of my truck swaying in the lane like playing pong.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He swapped IPMAs in his truck with software that doesn't MATCH UP with the other software/modules that participate in Bluecruise.

No doubt that would require some Forscan edits!
It's amazing Jesse knows what those issues might be and how to get Bluecruise 1.2 to work with modules that do NOT have compatible software. The IPC alone would clash.

The video is great.
But what's NOT in the video is part of the story too, if you think about it.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
@bushpilot - Thanks for sharing that video. It was very informative and helpful to see Bluecruse 1.2 in action. For my use case, I'd pay $600 to have 3 years of 1.2. Not sure if 1.1 is worth that to me. As for the need to add hardware, I'm betting our forum's SME (Jessie) is correct about 1.2 being just a software update.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I believe to get it synced up with the truck rather than ford pushing the update he had to do some programming with forscan. Most who have tried this couldn't get the animations on the screen to work like they are from the factory on the 2023 Mach-E's.

I've been following for the 1.2 update because Im tired of my truck swaying in the lane like playing pong.
The swaying is mostly like due to you needing camera/IPMA calibration procedures done with FDRS. Mine is doing the same. I got both of my Mongooses back from the loaner program yesterday and was thinking of getting a 2-day license so I can perform the CMR update that's showing for my truck and run calibration procedures for everything.

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
The swaying is mostly like due to you needing camera/IPMA calibration procedures done with FDRS. Mine is doing the same. I got both of my Mongooses back from the loaner program yesterday and was thinking of getting a 2-day license so I can perform the CMR update that's showing for my truck and run calibration procedures for everything.
Definitely interested in what you find also.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
As soon as you come across a genuine working nix for her, even if it nixes Bluecruise and I still have 2 years subscription left..... It's done!

Of course I say that, and then 1.2 gets pushed to the truck and I'll be eating humble pie and waking that witch back up. 😉

You can easily have lane centering without the nagging. You lose blue cruise

You maintain lane centering and adaptive cruise though.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can easily have lane centering without the nagging. You lose blue cruise

You maintain lane centering and adaptive cruise though.
Notice I can't ignore some words. 😁

I try really hard to leave you alone. I think you know that. But yeah, if losing Hands Free is the ONLY loss, along with the iris witch, I'm all in.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yeah Its is easy

706-1-0-1
8A58 A015 8EXX

Thats all you will need to change.

If you ever want it back you change it back to what it was

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Definitely interested in what you find also.
It totally fixed the issue. BC now keeps me in the middle of the lane. I only calibrated the APIM and the cruise control radar sensor since my cameras we working fine. However, I also did a CMR update that was pending, but I still think it was the calibration procedures that fixed it more than the update itself.

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
It totally fixed the issue. BC now keeps me in the middle of the lane. I only calibrated the APIM and the cruise control radar sensor since my cameras we working fine. However, I also did a CMR update that was pending, but I still think it was the calibration procedures that fixed it more than the update itself.
Thanks for the info and glad to hear it solved the problems. This will be my first go using Forscan but I feel confident having similar experience elsewhere and especially having others like you here to help.

Got a decent ride this Friday for some vacation to visit my parents so if I can get it before then I'd be very happy.
Sponsored