Sponsored

Anyone see this article on F150 PB reliability? Love my 3.5 EB.

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
Almost a year and ~17,500m miles on my '23 Lariat PB, absolutely NO Complaints except for a few minor issues. Then again no one surveyed me. AND, if I did complain, who would listen, probably not Ford. As for Sync, the only major complaint I have is when I play an SD stick with 1000 tunes, it arranges them alphabetically, not by album....otherwise, ALL GOOD. Cheers
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
The only code that my truck has ever thrown is the truck sensing that the exhaust heat exchanger is missing. Oddly, it has not yet noticed that the temperature sensors are reading the exact same on both; in fact, those sensors only threw a code when I deliberately unplugged them to see what would happen.

I think that the PB hybrid IS overly complex to the extent that I removed hybrid specific parts from it, but it's not unreliable. Parallel hybrids are a stepping stone between ICE powered vehicles and series hybrids, and you pay for commonality with ICE powertrains and a little extra efficiency at cruise with MASSIVELY increased complexity. Opposed piston engines are far less complex than 4 stroke cylinder head engines, but we've still put enough effort into cylinder head engines to get acceptable reliability from them.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I miss snow. Haven't seen any in over 17 years.
Come for a visit...got lots of snow and 15 inches are said to be on the way starting tonight till Monday night.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
15k miles and after the windshield inspection, wiper fluid won’t come out of the nozzles. I can hear the motor whirring and the reservoir is nearly full. Is there a manual shut off the tech may have forgotten to open after completing the remove/inspect/replace procedure?
Help appreciated 🙏

Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
15k miles and after the windshield inspection, wiper fluid won’t come out of the nozzles. I can hear the motor whirring and the reservoir is nearly full. Is there a manual shut off the tech may have forgotten to open after completing the remove/inspect/replace procedure?
Help appreciated 🙏
I hear that switching from the powerboost to a plain ol EcoBoost will re-enable your wiper fluid. J/k, did they cut the sprayer lines?

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I couldn’t live with the power drop!
I was hoping to not have to follow the lines but I will.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Consumer Reports doesn't take in to account what the Powerboost can do that NO OTHER truck in production can do.

20240302_111625.jpg

Admittedly I have new max Payload axles. It's the price for entry to the amazing utility this truck offers.
Indeed. Though some of the electric trucks have the same capability, but of course require electrons to top up.

Ford F-150 Anyone see this article on F150 PB reliability? Love my 3.5 EB. 1709467175388

Ford F-150 Anyone see this article on F150 PB reliability? Love my 3.5 EB. 1709467205901

I've never been polled about my truck and its lack of issues.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Not a PB but with only 42,000 km on my 21 XLT 3.5 EB with no major problems. Wiper motor and arms recall dealer took care of and I did the E brake one. Loving this truck and the power for a V6. Plan to keep this one for a long time.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Indeed. Though some of the electric trucks have the same capability, but of course require electrons to top up.

1709467175388.png

1709467205901.png

I've never been polled about my truck and its lack of issues.
Thanks for the clarification. You are correct, in my zeal to make the point about that amazing onboard power grid, I should have fenced the boast within the context of ICE trucks. :)

By the way, YOU are the culprit behind that new "beater" I acquired. I intend to try to wear it out, if you know what I mean.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
J/k, did they cut the sprayer lines?
No, but they did disconnect the supply tube in order to remove the wiper cover fairing thing during the inspection. Consequently it lost prime. I pulsed the little pump to keep it from overheating and we’re back to norminal now😊

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Well, I am hoping to put as many miles on mine as I did on my Suburban. That one made it to Hong Kong & back... My take is if you put good effort into engine filtration, you may not wear it out!

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader

1709467175388.png
On a local subreddit, a plea went out from a local Tesla driver for some way to charge his car as the local supercharger was broken and he was down to about 15 miles of range. I got there in 20 minutes to assist, but unfortunately the 50A charger connector would not plug into the 30A socket that we have on the PB. There's an $18 adapter on Amazon that I might buy just in case for the next time. I see that you have the equivalent!

This might blossom into a huge cottage industry, recharging stranded EV's.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
On a local subreddit, a plea went out from a local Tesla driver for some way to charge his car as the local supercharger was broken and he was down to about 15 miles of range. I got there in 20 minutes to assist, but unfortunately the 50A charger connector would not plug into the 30A socket that we have on the PB. There's an $18 adapter on Amazon that I might buy just in case for the next time. I see that you have the equivalent!

This might blossom into a huge cottage industry, recharging stranded EV's.
I've remarked to the Wyoming Highway Patrol that they should consider getting a few Powerboosts so they can help stranded Teslas along I-80...
Sponsored