2021 F150 3.5 EB Oil Change DIY?

bizu1108

First Name
BigTurtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone here done oil change by yourself for 3.5EB? I can't seem to find any DIY videos on youtube for the 2021 F150.
Sponsored

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yes. I loosened the oil cap, drained it from the bottom , put on the new filter but only hand tightened it, , and filled her back up.
I’m going to try to use an oil pump to see if I can get oil from the dip stick pipe directly. It’s much cleaner.

OP
OP

bizu1108

First Name
BigTurtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yes. I loosened the oil cap, drained it from the bottom , put on the new filter but only hand tightened it, , and filled her back up.
I’m going to try to use an oil pump to see if I can get oil from the dip stick pipe directly. It’s much cleaner.
This will be my first time doing the oil change myself so I was looking for a video on DIY oil change but I just can't find one for 2021 3.5eb. I just want to know where the drain plug is at or if I need to take off the skid plate...etc. Did you need to take off the skid plate? Any difficulty in replacing the filter? i heard Ford puts everything in a weird spot making it difficult to reach it or something.

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This will be my first time doing the oil change myself so I was looking for a video on DIY oil change but I just can't find one for 2021 3.5eb. I just want to know where the drain plug is at or if I need to take off the skid plate...etc. Did you need to take off the skid plate? Any difficulty in replacing the filter? i heard Ford puts everything in a weird spot making it difficult to reach it or something.
i couldn’t find any videos either.

I didn’t take off the metal skid plate but you do have to take off the plastic cover underneath. The drain plug is right there towards the front side. You can’t miss it.
The filter is hard to get to.l and hard to take off. The oil from the filter drains through the skid plate.
Sponsored