Sponsored

Anyone see this article on F150 PB reliability? Love my 3.5 EB.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
On a local subreddit, a plea went out from a local Tesla driver for some way to charge his car as the local supercharger was broken and he was down to about 15 miles of range. I got there in 20 minutes to assist, but unfortunately the 50A charger connector would not plug into the 30A socket that we have on the PB. There's an $18 adapter on Amazon that I might buy just in case for the next time. I see that you have the equivalent!

This might blossom into a huge cottage industry, recharging stranded EV's.
You could put about $4k worth of equipment in the bed that'd allow you to deliver 11kW (48 amps / 240v) of power to rescue an EV. For most EVs, if they keep their speed low enough, that's 11 miles every 15 minutes.

Granted you could also flat tow an EV in regen and deliver DC fast charging levels of power to it. Towing for just 10 miles in regen would give it ~60 miles of range depending on how mad the EV gets doing that much regen.
Sponsored

azdub1

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum 5.0L
Occupation
lodging quality / operations
Come on up and visit. Already got @azdub1 on an open invite!
Hehe
Sorry I'm late to the party! I had a work conference in Miami for a week and then was sick for a week afterwards. Lol. Just sorting through all my emails. Appreciate the open invite, and you never know, I might find myself out your way sometime!! Always welcome here in the outskirts of Atlanta, GA, but I'm not sure why you'd ever want to come here! LOL -- Can't wait to move out of this crazy city and into the country! I also see UGADawg96 on the thread -- I'm a Dawg girl! Go Bulldogs! We can roadtrip together to JJSnell's!! You boys have a great weekend and Easter!

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
I’ve been a CR subscriber for decades. CR today is nothing like it was back in the day. Where CR has failed this subscriber are their conclusions and opinions. Too many inconsistencies in their product recommendations.

The vehicle reliability datapoints are interesting and they have value. As stated by others, personal experience should always the first metric.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Sorry I'm late to the party! I had a work conference in Miami for a week and then was sick for a week afterwards. Lol. Just sorting through all my emails. Appreciate the open invite, and you never know, I might find myself out your way sometime!! Always welcome here in the outskirts of Atlanta, GA, but I'm not sure why you'd ever want to come here! LOL -- Can't wait to move out of this crazy city and into the country! I also see UGADawg96 on the thread -- I'm a Dawg girl! Go Bulldogs! We can roadtrip together to JJSnell's!! You boys have a great weekend and Easter!
Glad to see you are back, up and at 'em! Bless you and @UGADawg96 also. Happy Easter.
Sponsored