Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@Omodan, did the harness that you bought have the two extra sensor connectors for the outside corners of the bumpers (that you didn't use)? Just curious as I am guessing part # LU5Z15K859ABPTM is for those two, and part of the auto-parking system. Thx for any info.

Inkedford-f-150-14th-gen-parking-sensors_LI.jpg
Yeah, The outer 2 sensors are for the active park assist, There are also 2 on the rear sides.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
@Omodan, did the harness that you bought have the two extra sensor connectors for the outside corners of the bumpers (that you didn't use)? Just curious as I am guessing part # LU5Z15K859ABPTM is for those two, and part of the auto-parking system. Thx for any info.

Inkedford-f-150-14th-gen-parking-sensors_LI.jpg
No. The part number I listed was only for four sensors. The six sensor wiring harness would be a different part number. I believe you may also need the park assist module to use all six.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
No. The part number I listed was only for four sensors. The six sensor wiring harness would be a different part number. I believe you may also need the park assist module to use all six.
They wire to the IPMA.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
They wire to the IPMA.
Yeah, looks like the IPMA runs it all now. I think the older model had a separate module.

From what I can see, I would need front and rear 6 sensor harnesses, button, front/side/rear side sensors (8), and maybe a new bezel depending on how the buttons install. That is assuming the IPMA is the same part # with/without active park assist.

Anyway, was just exploring the option. Would be much cheaper and easier to do just the front 4 as Omodan did. I could see myself doing all of that work to add active park assist and never using it, lol.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
I have a new 22 Lariat with 500A basic package with 360 Camera and tow package but without front sensors as I requested when ordered, but for whatever reason the Sales guy FU-ed the order. I had them on my 19 Ranger and really miss them when I have to skinny into my garage with now an even larger F150. Would your method and parts work for me and Sync 4? Thanks for a great write up and photos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
I have a new 22 Lariat with 500A basic package with 360 Camera and tow package but without front sensors as I requested when ordered, but for whatever reason the Sales guy FU-ed the order. I had them on my 19 Ranger and really miss them when I have to skinny into my garage with now an even larger F150. Would your method and parts work for me and Sync 4? Thanks for a great write up and photos.
Unfortunately you need to have the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 package for the wiring harness i listed to work. Only the 2021 model year had higher trim levels with the assist 2.0 that for whatever reason didn’t include the forward sensing system. For the 2022 model year, they fixed it to where all F150 models with the assist 2.0 package received the forward sensing system.

Since you have the 2022 model year but no forward sensing system, i assume you don't have the assist 2.0 package.

Last edited:

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
thanks for clarifying... No I only got the 360 camera and tow package...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Great thread and I finally went back and digested the whole thing.
Which literally has me scratching my head, but with a grin.

So I have a 2022 KingRanch High and it has all 6 front bumper sensors.
Bluecruise works wonderfully and I am actually someone who gets to use it.

However, the truck did arrive (after 6 months) with a single "delete" on the Mulroney.

Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal
(with a $365 credit, which is HUGE considering the credits Ford has been insulting folks with on recent deletes)

Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A Screenshot_20220713-130026_OneDrive

Although I'm presenting this as a question, I suspect nobody but ME will be able to answer it, and only after experimenting.....

What actually got deleted on the truck? 🤣

At first glance it wouldn't appear that any hardware is missing, unless those 6 sensors in the bumper are not plugged in because of a missing harness?

Of course I will verify, but if they are plugged into a harness, and I believe they are since I believe I have gotten an alert when the truck approaches an obstacle, similar to what I get in reverse and back up close to a hedge.

What absolutely is missing is that when I hit the P button (yes the truck has the Park Assist button, go figure) I only get Sync assistance to locate a parking garage via navigation aid. I also do NOT get front facing camera pop-up unless I hit the camera button adjacent to the P button.

Could it be as simple as Forscan changes that the OP did to enable the hardware? That seems absolutely incredible considering the window sticker and the delete credit, not to mention why would Ford delete only AsBuilt values?

One thing for sure is the supply chain and constraints faced by the juggernaut F150 manufacturering machine certainly can lead to some head scratching.

I'll fetch my associated AsBuilt data and compare to the OP.
I don't care about Park Assist itself but would like that camera trigger to be enabled.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
So, just to clarify, for a '21 XLT 302A without BC and without 360 camera (no active assist), but WITH rear parking sensors, this mod will not work?

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic

However, the truck did arrive (after 6 months) with a single "delete" on the Mulroney.

(with a $365 credit, which is HUGE considering the credits Ford has been insulting folks with on recent deletes)

Screenshot_20220713-130026_OneDrive.jpg

Although I'm presenting this as a question, I suspect nobody but ME will be able to answer it, and only after experimenting.....

At first glance it wouldn't appear that any hardware is missing, unless those 6 sensors in the bumper are not plugged in because of a missing harness?

Of course I will verify, but if they are plugged into a harness, and I believe they are since I believe I have gotten an alert when the truck approaches an obstacle, similar to what I get in reverse and back up close to a hedge.

What absolutely is missing is that when I hit the P button (yes the truck has the Park Assist button, go figure) I only get Sync assistance to locate a parking garage via navigation aid. I also do NOT get front facing camera pop-up unless I hit the camera button adjacent to the P button.

Could it be as simple as Forscan changes that the OP did to enable the hardware? That seems absolutely incredible considering the window sticker and the delete credit, not to mention why would Ford delete only AsBuilt values?

One thing for sure is the supply chain and constraints faced by the juggernaut F150 manufacturering machine certainly can lead to some head scratching.

I don't care about Park Assist itself but would like that camera trigger to be enabled.
It’s possible that you might not have the chip required to enable the park assist, even if the side bumper sensors are connected to the wiring harness.

Just a guess though seeing as you have the sensors and also need to manually engage the front facing camera.

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor

Screenshot_20220713-130026_OneDrive.jpg

The OP added the front sensor that sounds like you already have. He does not appear to have active park assist sensors so the asbuilt he changed wouldn’t enable it. You could compare asbuilt with a truck that has active park assist.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s possible that you might not have the chip required to enable the park assist, even if the side bumper sensors are connected to the wiring harness.

Just a guess though seeing as you have the sensors and also need to manually engage the front facing camera.
I agree that something "hardware" should be missing or the Factory delete wouldn't have happened. And I know the buzzword is "chip", but what module is missing the chip?

Just curious

The OP added the front sensor that sounds like you already have. He does not appear to have active park assist sensors so the asbuilt he changed wouldn’t enable it. You could compare asbuilt with a truck that has active park assist.
I might not have spoken clearly, but I'm not actually after the missing Park Assist feature but would enjoy the autolaunch of the camera. So if the OP added the bumper sensors, harness, and Forscan changes and successfully enabled the camera trigger, I'm assuming that I just need Forscan editing?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I agree that something "hardware" should be missing or the Factory delete wouldn't have happened. And I know the buzzword is "chip", but what module is missing the chip?

Just curious

I might not have spoken clearly, but I'm not actually after the missing Park Assist feature but would enjoy the autolaunch of the camera. So if the OP added the bumper sensors, harness, and Forscan changes and successfully enabled the camera trigger, I'm assuming that I just need Forscan editing?
Do you get this instead? @Snakebitten
Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A A49550F5-CE47-44D4-BB3B-8C9556950FA5

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If I hit the P button I get:

Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A 20220612_164805

If I hit "Additional Settings", I get

Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A 20220612_164811