WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
Evening everyone.

I've picked at @Jesse-Infotainment already regarding this issue, he walked me through, with what had to be some considerable patience, to no avail. I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else might have some suggestions or prior experience.

For reference, 2023 Tremor 502A, rain sensing wiper was factory. Events are in order in case it matters.

On the 8th I implemented a handful of changes to the truck, successfully. Those are:

- Delete Double Honk
- Delete Black Box
- Delete Fake Engine Noise
- Global Window Control

On the same day 6.2.0 successfully installed. I believe it was after the changes but I won't swear to that.

On the 11th, I implemented the Glare-Free headlights modification as well as "Enable Cameras At Speed". At the time, I didn't notice, or wasn't paying enough attention to, the wipers. Upon testing the GFHL I noticed they did not seem to be working as intended. Nor did I note any changes in the cameras while driving. After some double checking, I decided to revert the changes back to standard Auto High Beams. Somewhere after this process, or the update, I noticed the rain sensing was no longer working. You select the first notch on the stalk and the wipers would come on (expected) but then continue to run in the 18 second interval as though it was not using the rain sensing. I went back to my copies of the modules I had changed (APIM, IPMA, IPC, SCCM, & HCM) and confirmed their restored values against my prior to change saves and the screenshots I took prior to each save. This did not correct the issue. At this point, there are no standing DTCs. After the changes to the APIM, it was reset. The option is selected in the cluster menu, cycling it does not change anything. Disconnected the battery for about 45 minutes, no change.

After that, I pulled the factory AB sheet and sifted through all modules changed for GFHL/Enable Cameras at Speed and compared the addresses to that. All matching. No change.

Last night, I contacted Jesse and had him walk me through anything I may have missed. Having done all this, I'm out of ideas. Not wanting to go swinging at any little thing I saw, I copied down the information I had and avoided any fruther writes. Another friend forewarned me that there are only so many times you can write to this NV memory before it degrades. Jesse suspected I may have a failed sensor after I had pulled the cover and checked the sensor connection to the right of the mirror. Before I consider setting everything back to factory, or forbid, carry it to service, I'd like to see if anyone else might have ideas for what could be going on? I'd definitely appreciate any input.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
You could PMI the modules if you have a mongoose / FDRS to try and start factory fresh. What did 6.2 update? That module is likely already wiped back to factory.

OP
OP
WBravo

WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
You could PMI the modules if you have a mongoose / FDRS to try and start factory fresh.
I'll add this to my notes, I do not have a mongoose however. Not out of the question though. I'll have to seek a better understanding of all of this prior to that though. I'm sure there are guides on here.

UPDATE:
While running a tool to compare the saves I have vs the motorcraft AB, I did find that there are a number of IPMA addresses that do not match, all in the 706-29-xx set. Unsure if this is related or if these are regularly changing values.

SensorCfg_DPAC_Homography2 (SCDPACH)

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'll add this to my notes, I do not have a mongoose however. Not out of the question though. I'll have to seek a better understanding of all of this prior to that though. I'm sure there are guides on here.

UPDATE:
While running a tool to compare the saves I have vs the motorcraft AB, I did find that there are a number of IPMA addresses that do not match, all in the 706-29-xx set. Unsure if this is related or if these are regularly changing values.

SensorCfg_DPAC_Homography2 (SCDPACH)
calibration info for cameras

Side note. PMI doesnt flash a unit fresh If the software is the latest available it will run straight to a config. THats why sometimes it takes a few mins and the others it takes longer.

The SCCM has an Update available so if you were to run a PMI it would flash the SCCM to the later firmware.

The rain sensor is simple.

The rain sensor has a lin bus that runs to the wiper motor. Thats it. there is no other interaction.

The sensor detects rain and tells the wiper arms to turn on.
I can flash teh SCCM to the later firmware without FDRS.

Ford F-150 GFHL Revert & Rain Sensing 1705187755056

Ford F-150 GFHL Revert & Rain Sensing 1705187766345

OP
OP
WBravo

WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
The SCCM has an Update available so if you were to run a PMI it would flash the SCCM to the later firmware.

The rain sensor is simple.

The rain sensor has a lin bus that runs to the wiper motor. Thats it. there is no other interaction.

The sensor detects rain and tells the wiper arms to turn on.
I can flash teh SCCM to the later firmware without FDRS.
Have copy. I wondered exactly how it was accomplishing the task assigned. Out of curiosity, would it not throw a DTC if the sensor had failed? This is my biggest hesitation with just ordering the part and slapping it in.

As far as flashing the SCCM without FDRS, how would this be accomplished?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Have copy. I wondered exactly how it was accomplishing the task assigned. Out of curiosity, would it not throw a DTC if the sensor had failed? This is my biggest hesitation with just ordering the part and slapping it in.

As far as flashing the SCCM without FDRS, how would this be accomplished?
Rain sensor is $30

I have the ability to flash it I would remote in

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
The only suggestion I have above and beyond what you listed is to verify its still activated in the IPC as well.

Ford F-150 GFHL Revert & Rain Sensing 1705193960392

If you have been working with Jesse I suspect all of this has already been looked at though.

OP
OP
WBravo

WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
The only suggestion I have above and beyond what you listed is to verify its still activated in the IPC as well.

1705193960392.png

If you have been working with Jesse I suspect all of this has already been looked at though.
I believe we covered that, yeah. First world problems 😆

OP
OP
WBravo

WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
UPDATE:

Wipers work fine. While cruising the forum, I happened across another related to this. As it turns out, if you created your own profile and any change resets the GUEST profile, none of them will work. Swapped to guest, set them to rain sense, swapped back, boom.

Thank you all again for the help, I just didn’t dig deep enough 🤦‍♂️

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
I think you just saved me a bunch of time lol. I just recently updated a bunch of modules and changed a bunch in forscan. Noticed today my RSW weren't working. Going to check the guest profile in the morning. Thanks!!
Sponsored