First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
My Job 1, 502A will turn on the front camera when I get close to an object in front of me. I'm not sure what setting may enable it, but if you tell me where to look, I'll find my current values for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Pull his as built data to compare. I was looking at the second group in 706-12-01 xxxx-x**x-xxxx. The spreadsheet doesn’t make sense for those two as they overlap. Maybe due to a different ipma as Jesse mentioned.
Ill see if he is willing to let me. We are coworkers, not necessarily someone who would swing by my house after work type friends though.

I do know he bought his truck a month before I did though. He bought his off the lot in April 2021. I bought mine in May 21.

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Job 1, 502A will turn on the front camera when I get close to an object in front of me. I'm not sure what setting may enable it, but if you tell me where to look, I'll find my current values for you.
You have the Active Prep package though, correct? 502A didn’t get the front sensors for 2021 unless you bought the Active Prep with self parking/bluecruise. I am pretty sure the Sync setting should still be the same though.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Ill see if he is willing to let me. We are coworkers, not necessarily someone who would swing by my house after work type friends though.

I do know he bought his truck a month before I did though. He bought his off the lot in April 2021. I bought mine in May 21.
You just need his vin, take a picture of the one in the bottom of the windshield, lol.

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I am complete newb when it comes to FORScan. I assume you are saying I can look up someone’s As built settings by entering their VIN? If that is the case, that would be awesome. I didn’t know it could do that.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes. As long as you have a vin you can look up the as built data

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That is good to know, I have another question for you. Does your 502a have parking sensors in the front bumper? I only ask becuase most of the 502a packages I see do not for some reason. I am curious if its the CCM triggering the camera or the sensors.

Edit - I would guess if you do have front sensors you have the Blue cruise prep kit? Just trying to get as much clarity as I can

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I have the BC prep kit, so I do have the parking sensors on the front and sides of the bumper. If you tell me which module(s) and lines to look at, I'll definitely pull them up and post here. I have a couple other ForScan changes I want to make anyway, so I could easily get whatever values you need for comparison.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
^^^ The power of the forum

And generous too. :)

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
*Update* Using a VIN from a similar 2022 KR which has the front sensors, i changed IPMA 706-01-01 to enable ODCV which i assume means Object Detect Center Video. Enabling that feature then had my truck displaying the front camera video feed when the front proximity sensors detected an object. I updated the original post to reflect all the configuration changes i made.

Sponsored

smarty39

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue Lariat Sport
Awesome info and write up! I would love to do this as I use the front camera to pull in tight to my garage wall. Having the camera come on automatically would be great!

Does anyone know if the sensors can be ordered in a specific color? I doubt it but would hate to get them painted and then not have them match on my VB bumper.

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The ones i ordered came in black plastic. I am pretty sure you’ll have to paint them. There are several online companies which will sell you the correct paint color. I ordered some for my truck to repair scratches in the future.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
@Omodan how did you determine and mark the locations for the sensors?

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Omodan how did you determine and mark the locations for the sensors?
i took a few pictures of another vehicle with them and measured their horizontal distances from the left and right fog lights. I then used those measurements as well as centered the holes vertically on the bumper. I marked them using painters tape and a sharpie on the tape. I then drilled through the tape. My drill bit had a center drill tap which allowed it to stay centered while the outer circle cut the hole itself.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
@Omodan, did the harness that you bought have the two extra sensor connectors for the outside corners of the bumpers (that you didn't use)? Just curious as I am guessing part # LU5Z15K859ABPTM is for those two, and part of the auto-parking system. Thx for any info.

Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A Inkedford-f-150-14th-gen-parking-sensors_LI
Sponsored