Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Best way to check is change your IPMA 706-01-01 to enable ODCV with FORSCAN and see if your front camera turns on when your front proximity sensors detect an object. If it doesn’t, then i would assume your IPMA is different.
Editing IPMA 706-01-01 is a bit of a question mark because I have enabled Glare Free headlights and that modification also edited IPMA 706-01-01

Glare Free required:

IPMA 706-01-01 Xxxx-xxx9
(706-01-01 8A50-A015-AE49)
Sponsored

Last edited:

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Editing IPMA 706-01-01 is a bit of a question mark because I have enabled Glare Free headlights and that modification also edited IPMA 706-01-01

Glare Free required:

IPMA 706-01-01 Xxxx-xxx9
@Snakebitten
yours is already enabled at that location. So dont worry about that value.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@Snakebitten
yours is already enabled at that location. So dont worry about that value.
@antho Your AsBuilt edit suggestion worked!

The forward camera and drone view autolaunched in concert with the first warning tone.
From the cockpit it felt too close but when the camera popped up I still had at least a foot. So that's plenty of cushion.

You gentlemen that can look at someone's AsBuilt values and quickly spot what is suspect, just amazes me. I'm grateful for the help. :)

Mattbrand

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Funeral Director
Anyone done this on an XLT yet? I'm looking at pulling the trigger but not sure where id have to pin the sensors into the IPMA.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Are the only bumper sensors black? On vehicles with chrome bumpers they appear to be silver or chrome, are they painted?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Are the only bumper sensors black? On vehicles with chrome bumpers they appear to be silver or chrome, are they painted?
Yes, they only come in black. You’ll need to prime and paint them before installing them.

AdamsCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0
i took a few pictures of another vehicle with them and measured their horizontal distances from the left and right fog lights. I then used those measurements as well as centered the holes vertically on the bumper. I marked them using painters tape and a sharpie on the tape. I then drilled through the tape. My drill bit had a center drill tap which allowed it to stay centered while the outer circle cut the hole itself.
Any chance that you might still have those measurements? I'm looking to add this myself (the parts are on their way, and I already swapped in the right bumper wiring harness when I added adaptive cruise).

A link to the bit you used to create the holes would be much appreciated as well if it's not too much trouble.

Out of curiosity and pure laziness, does it seem practical/safe to bore the holes and install the sensors with the bumper mounted and installed on the truck (since I already put the correct harness in place) or should I just take it off and disassemble again?

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any chance that you might still have those measurements? I'm looking to add this myself (the parts are on their way, and I already swapped in the right bumper wiring harness when I added adaptive cruise).

A link to the bit you used to create the holes would be much appreciated as well if it's not too much trouble.

Out of curiosity and pure laziness, does it seem practical/safe to bore the holes and install the sensors with the bumper mounted and installed on the truck (since I already put the correct harness in place) or should I just take it off and disassemble again?
It’s been a little bit, so i am not 100% sure of the size. I believe it was 1&1/4” or 1&3/8” hole size. Best way to confirm is to bring the retaining clip to Home Depot/Lowes and compare the drill bit to it. I think i used the 1&1/8” and found that it was still a little too small and then shaved the retaining clip flanges down a little bit to make it fit.

I do not still have the bumper measurements. I would visit a Ford dealer on a Sunday and measure them out.

As far as installing them, i would remove the bumper to do it. Pushing the plastic retaining clips into the bumper, pushing the sensors into the clips, then connecting the wiring harness would be a PITA with the bumper still installed.

I also glued the back side of the retaining clips to the bumper to prevent them from twisting/loosening after i installed them.

The drill bit type i used similar to the ones at the link. https://www.amazon.com/Tungsten-Car...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Last edited:

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
Great thread, thanks for taking the dive on this. I would love to add front parking sensors to my 2022 501A Lariat. I have the following packages, do you believe this will work for me? I am a bit confused by all the 2021 -2022 , high - low package talk.

Bi-LED Reflector headlights (currently switching to projector "bending" LED headlights)
360-Degree Camera Package
BLIS W/Cross Traffic Alert
Curve Control
Lane Keeping System
Pre-Collision Assist W/AEB
Reverse Sensing and Rear View Camera
Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0
LED Fog Lamps with LED Cornering

Respectfully,

Jaime

Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Great thread, thanks for taking the dive on this. I would love to add front parking sensors to my 2022 501A Lariat. I have the following packages, do you believe this will work for me? I am a bit confused by all the 2021 -2022 , high - low package talk.

Respectfully,

Jaime
@Jmeo

I'm in the process of doing the same. Already added the Tremor Projector Headlights and HCM - Soon I'll post a write up on what was used. I see your following the HSW tread, here's a few others to add to you list.
Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?
501A to 502A
ECU module programming guide using FDRS

I'm attaching my list to give you an idea what's involved. I'm working on the 360 camera list and I have the IPMA, Front Camera, Rear Cargo Camera, and a few other pieces that's why there not on my list.

Attachments

OP
OP
Omodan

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Bi-LED Reflector headlights (currently switching to projector "bending" LED headlights)
360-Degree Camera Package
BLIS W/Cross Traffic Alert
Curve Control
Lane Keeping System
Pre-Collision Assist W/AEB
Reverse Sensing and Rear View Camera
Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0
LED Fog Lamps with LED Cornering

Respectfully,

Jaime
The best i could say is that i think so…. The harness i quoted connects to the forward collision radar, LED fog lights, and the forward proximity sensors. Given the equipment you stated, the connection points should all be correct and present. The part i am not sure about is whether your module supports it or not.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
The best i could say is that i think so…. The harness i quoted connects to the forward collision radar, LED fog lights, and the forward proximity sensors. Given the equipment you stated, the connection points should all be correct and present. The part i am not sure about is whether your module supports it or not.
Thanks for the reply. I have now added this to my list of upgrades, so thanks for that.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
i give you props but damn i could not see myself going out of my way to do this..
Me too...that's why I ordered a 502A lol. I am glad I did because I would be trying to do this too.
Sponsored