First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Crap, I just realized I didn't order the connectors for the wiring. Does anyone know how to cross reference Ford part numbers into Molex part numbers? I believe it would likely be a lot cheaper that way.
Lol good luck. Some match right over, some you have to dig for, and some don't cross at all. It's all hit and miss from what I've seen, especially on the terminal side of things.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Lol good luck. Some match right over, some you have to dig for, and some don't cross at all. It's all hit and miss from what I've seen, especially on the terminal side of things.
Luckily I managed to find it pretty quickly. I’ll update the parts list once I have all of the terminals and everything

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
OK, you have my attention. I am excited to see if you can make this work. I would only want the headlights to adjust to ride height, not interested in CCD.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
OK, you have my attention. I am excited to see if you can make this work. I would only want the headlights to adjust to ride height, not interested in CCD.
It can absolutely be done, Jesse has already done it. In fact I think it’ll be “easy enough” but I can’t say for sure until I do it

J44snk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502a Long Box PB F150, 2016 Kia Sorento
and editing some values in the VDM module, I was able to "dial it in" for an empty long bed F150 in Normal mode.
I'm curious, what did you change in regard to the Values in the VDM module?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm curious, what did you change in regard to the Values in the VDM module?
Do you have CCD?

I basically edited the weight (in KG) of multiple categories based on the field mapping that one of those Forscan gurus laid out.

Ford F-150 Adding Auto Level to Projector Headlamps VDMadjustedvalues.PNG

Yellow was a conversion to lbs just so I could get my head around the factory values.
The next column was the target weight after editing.
Last column was the substitute hex value representing the target weight.

J44snk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502a Long Box PB F150, 2016 Kia Sorento
Do you have CCD?

I basically edited the weight (in KG) of multiple categories based on the field mapping that one of those Forscan gurus laid out.

VDMadjustedvalues.PNG

Yellow was a conversion to lbs just so I could get my head around the factory values.
The next column was the target weight after editing.
Last column was the substitute hex value representing the target weight.
Yes I have CCD, but everything is just stock at the moment.
Adjusting these values will change things for all drive modes, or just normal mode?
Do you know if this effects the headlight leveling?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does not affect headlight leveling.

I will look for the thread that discusses what I did, why I did it, and what I was aiming for.

Just editing the VDM would be out of context.

Having said all that, if you want to experience just how much range of damping is actually available on the active suspension dampers (shocks), all you have to do is unplug one of them. Ford has it programmed that if there is a fault with any of the 4 corners, the system defaults to maximum damping.

It's kind of like having Fox 2.5 with DSC adjusters and purposely increasing the damping to max just to see what the available range actually is.

I think you will discover that from the factory Ford has the CCD damping map set very conservatively soft, similar to their analog factory dampers. Where I live, it's not my preference to be that soft.

By the way, the rear driver's side damper is the easiest to unplug to throw the fault. Just follow the wire to the connector.

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
Do you have CCD?

VDMadjustedvalues.PNG
Does not affect headlight leveling.

I will look for the thread that discusses what I did, why I did it, and what I was aiming for.

Just editing the VDM would be out of context.

Having said all that, if you want to experience just how much range of damping is actually available on the active suspension dampers (shocks), all you have to do is unplug one of them. Ford has it programmed that if there is a fault with any of the 4 corners, the system defaults to maximum damping.

It's kind of like having Fox 2.5 with DSC adjusters and purposely increasing the damping to max just to see what the available range actually is.

I think you will discover that from the factory Ford has the CCD damping map set very conservatively soft, similar to their analog factory dampers. Where I live, it's not my preference to be that soft.

By the way, the rear driver's side damper is the easiest to unplug to throw the fault. Just follow the wire to the connector.
Ok sounds interesting. I’ll give that a try unplugging rear driver shock and see what max feels like. No doubt Sport damping would be nice in Normal mode

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok sounds interesting. I’ll give that a try unplugging rear driver shock and see what max feels like. No doubt Sport damping would be nice in Normal mode
That was EXACTLY my aim. And then some. :)

Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Any updates on driving with CCD unplugged?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Takes 2 minutes.
Try it.
It doesn't hurt anything.
Just pretend that you have analog adjustable shocks and you got out and dialed them all to firmest setting. Because unplugging one of these electric ones is doing just that!
Sponsored