Sponsored

For PB owners - suspension options to level?

backcountryplatinum

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum PowerBoost BAP
Hi all, I have the PB Platinum with every option available so as stated above I am riding heavy. I had about 4 inches of rake but also have a Leer cap and a decked system. Max tow seemed to have no issue according to my dealer.

I did way too much research and spoke Ford Performance direct etc. The reason they aren't recommended for PB is because the front is so heavy, has nothing to do with the hybrid aspect.

I went with the Ford Performance Bilstein set up due to the warranty if installed by a tech. Game changer for the drive. My rake dropped about 1.5 inches with the leer cap, and I ended up putting in another leaf spring.

I have mine set at the 2.0 setting, and got about 1.5 inches of lift after it settled. Check my previous post, I put a full work up.
Sponsored

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
One thing i forgot to mention, i have the max trailer tow package. I was literally about the pull the trigger on the ford performance bilsteins, but then i read that they are not recommended for those with the max trailer tow package. Do you have the max trailer two package? Did you get very close to level?
I have the Max Tow Package as well. I hadn't heard that about the Bilstein's and haven't had problems with the shocks.

The Max Tow comes with a 1" lift block to compensate for squat with towing I presume.. If your truck doesn't look level after you install the front shocks, you can just remove the block.

My intentions was never to level the truck. Just a lift in the front and rear. I had the 1" lift block swapped for a 1.5" block. And I have have a camper on the back full time. I guess you could say it's level now, but it's not because of the front shocks.

backcountryplatinum

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Adding to Danner, this is the first time I have heard there are issues with the Bilstein + Max tow. Dealership, Ford Performance email team @Fordperformance , and @Stage3Motorsports all said it was no issues.

alejflor

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I went with the Fox 2.0 and they are OK. Not great IMO. They are a bit wobbly for my taste. Approximately 85% of the time I am doing city driving. Also, note that changing the passenger side strut can be a bit of a challenge. Reach out if you have any other questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/f150/s/zPbzYzNVB1

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Check out the Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 coilovers. They provide up to a 3" lift for the 2.7 and 3.5 EB; I think on the PB is gets only about a 2.4" front lift. The ride is well reviewed though, in between the 6112 and the Icon in terms of firmness to comfort. They have good reservoir rear shocks as well:
Ford F-150 For PB owners - suspension options to level? 1710987319637-hq

Sponsored

z-man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost

backcountryplatinum

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've got a 2 inch lift, LT rated tires, deleted the air dam, and have a Leer cap and roof rails. I get 17.5-18mpg.

It's also cold Alberta winter so the battery works less well.

Cooder_Graw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost 4x4
So I’m running the general atx 33s stock tremor tires and wheel . With the icon 3.5 to 4.5 . Last road trip . No wind in perfect condition.

Ford F-150 For PB owners - suspension options to level? IMG_0282
Sponsored