Sponsored

Jersey Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7L V6 Eco boost 4x4 F-150
I’m thinking of getting a NOCO Genius 10A charger/Maintainer etc. So, if I connect the positive to the battery and the negative to the truck’s ground, my accessory shouldn’t switch off and I can program through ODB until my heart’s content? Without fear of the truck shutting off during programming?
I later checked and found that the minimum current my ICE truck draws with engine off is 12 amps. With HVAC fan on max, it drew 26 amps. 8" screen is only worth about 1 amp. SO the 10 amp NOCO would still keep me drawing 2 amps (should last forever that low). But you WOULD lose ground VERY, VERY slowly. Might take all day. So the 10-amp NOCO should work well. That's on my list too!
Sponsored

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
I later checked and found that the minimum current my ICE truck draws with engine off is 12 amps. With HVAC fan on max, it drew 26 amps. 8" screen is only worth about 1 amp. SO the 10 amp NOCO would still keep me drawing 2 amps (should last forever that low). But you WOULD lose ground VERY, VERY slowly. Might take all day. So the 10-amp NOCO should work well. That's on my list too!
Thank you!

JattilaB

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
APIM 7D0-09-05 Walk Away Lock (WAL)
anyone have any more info on how to make this work (I see the option to enable/disable but grayed out )

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
anyone have any more info on how to make this work (I see the option to enable/disable but grayed out )
I played with it a few months ago, couldn’t get it to work.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
It's likely for use with PAK cars, using the ultra-wave connection for precise locating of the "key."

Sponsored

Ceanes

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 5.0, 03 Mustang Cobra
I have a late build 22 Lariat (10/22 build). I want to try the Glare Free settings. Anyone with a late build 22 had issues with this? I wasnt sure if at some point Ford might have pulled out whatever is required for this Glare free. Any suggestions would be great before I try this. New to forscan, have everything needed, just figured I would ask.

Thanks

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
All you can do is enable them and let US know. :)

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I have a late build 22 Lariat (10/22 build). I want to try the Glare Free settings. Anyone with a late build 22 had issues with this? I wasnt sure if at some point Ford might have pulled out whatever is required for this Glare free. Any suggestions would be great before I try this. New to forscan, have everything needed, just figured I would ask.

Thanks
I am assuming you have a Lariat 502A with the projector LED headlamps? If so just try it out and let us know.

Ceanes

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am assuming you have a Lariat 502A with the projector LED headlamps? If so just try it out and let us know.

I do have a 502A with Projectors. Just wanted to be sure since this one seems like one of the more complicated ones, being like 9 steps.

I haven't seen anyone with a later 22 say they haven't had it work just figured I would ask.

Thanks

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
Okay, I humbly ask for clarification. From what I understand, FORscan doesn't program anything, it just changes settings, correct? If not correct then my entire thinking is wrong! 🫤

Ive watched videos that show how the keyfob can be used to raise and lower windows. That means the function had to be there, but I've yet to see a trim level with that as a specific feature. So someone figured out a string of value changes that reproduced a desired effect (in this case, window control). That means there still undiscovered "formulas", correct?

I consider my skill level somewhere in the "knows enough to break it but not enough to fix it" area so I'm not rushing into making changes. But reading here has been very insightful! TIA

Sponsored

JattilaB

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Okay, I humbly ask for clarification. From what I understand, FORscan doesn't program anything, it just changes settings, correct? If not correct then my entire thinking is wrong! 🫤

Ive watched videos that show how the keyfob can be used to raise and lower windows. That means the function had to be there, but I've yet to see a trim level with that as a specific feature. So someone figured out a string of value changes that reproduced a desired effect (in this case, window control). That means there still undiscovered "formulas", correct?

I consider my skill level somewhere in the "knows enough to break it but not enough to fix it" area so I'm not rushing into making changes. But reading here has been very insightful! TIA

look at it this way -
you are not changing the light bulb in your house (stairs/rooms/walkway)
you are just changing the way order you are turning them on, and as a result, you may trip, because the light is not on and you could not see the lego on the floor

Ceanes

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well I got everything set up I think. Glare Free shows up in settings under lightning. I guess Ill see tonight. Thanks for all of your help, and all who contribute to this thread/forum.

Changed most everything to my liking, only thing I could not figure out was the Heated Steering wheel button on screen climate bar. I went to APIM spread sheet, but couldn't determine which letter/number I needed to input. I have a 502A lariat with pretty much every option possible.

I went into the "simple" APIM settings, and saw Heated steering wheel, but didn't know if this was for the touchscreen button.

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
Anyone have an idea if it is possible to reset key on cycles via forscan?

JattilaB

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
who comes up with these names ?
720-12-01 New Joy Drive Feature (NJDF)

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I do have a 502A with Projectors. Just wanted to be sure since this one seems like one of the more complicated ones, being like 9 steps.

I haven't seen anyone with a later 22 say they haven't had it work just figured I would ask.

Thanks
Did you do it? Nine steps are really not bad. I just spent days doing some major work that involved replacement and custom programing of my ipma.
Sponsored