Sponsored

Wireless Sync Disconnects In the Same Spot Daily Now?

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
Hey All,
I have a 2021 PBKR and it is up to date with OTAs. I also have a Galaxy S21 5G that is also up to date. Just recently the wireless connection disconnects in the same spot coming and going to work in Tulsa, OK. Is anyone else having this issue in there area and/or have you figured out a fix? The attached maps illustrate where it is occurring on a daily basis. I don't know if it is an update or if something is causing that much interference, etc. Thanks!

Ford F-150 Wireless Sync Disconnects In the Same Spot Daily Now? DisconnectTulsa

Ford F-150 Wireless Sync Disconnects In the Same Spot Daily Now? Zoom_DisconnectTulsa
Sponsored

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
There is a spot entering Winnipeg Mb I drive often where I have consistent issues. Not a full disconnect but audio from connected CarPlay cuts out at various spots on one roadway every time. Happens to my daughter in her car too. I’ve chalked it up to issues of interference in the area rather than any issue with the vehicles.

Sorrynel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray F150 XLT 302A
It happens to my truck in the same spot ever day. probably wireless interference. I’m passing by a hospital

OP
OP
BRDVPRA

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
I'm going to use my wireless network detector app and do some sleuthing!

Mszczewski

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
It's the same issue on a stretch of 794 in downtown Milwaukee. If I am plugged in, there are no problems; wirelessly, it drops every time I go through there...

Sponsored

TeeJayHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 RCSB XLT 4x4
I've got the same problem at a certain stoplight on the way to work. My wife loses internet on her phone there, and CarPlay disconnects from my phone.

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Looks like you have alternate path options, if it is so consistent, I would take these three alternate routes and see if I get a different result.

Ford F-150 Wireless Sync Disconnects In the Same Spot Daily Now? 1707942908745

S14suspense

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost Lariat 502a FX4 Smoked Quartz
Hey All,
I have a 2021 PBKR and it is up to date with OTAs. I also have a Galaxy S21 5G that is also up to date. Just recently the wireless connection disconnects in the same spot coming and going to work in Tulsa, OK. Is anyone else having this issue in there area and/or have you figured out a fix? The attached maps illustrate where it is occurring on a daily basis. I don't know if it is an update or if something is causing that much interference, etc. Thanks!

I think there are Radio Frequency hot-spots or dead zones like this in some places. Used to be an area I'd run in to on the Interstate I-10 in Baton Rouge that would wipe out my wireless Carplay connection. Doesn't seem to do it in my truck anymore but does it now in my Wife's BMW.

I think I've read where you can complain to the FCC and have them investigate it.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
My 2021 F150 does this using wireless CarPlay in the same spot on the same road every time I pass by. What's interesting in my 2023 Kia EV6 GT using wireless CarPlay, it does not have the same behavior. It works like normal with no drops when using the same phone.

JustinH

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Computer Engineer
It's the same issue on a stretch of 794 in downtown Milwaukee. If I am plugged in, there are no problems; wirelessly, it drops every time I go through there...
As someone who lives in the Milwaukee area, I also have issues in that exact same spot as well as on 94 by the State Fair Grounds.

Also, I noticed you said it's fine when plugged in but when my phones plugged in, I get disconnected in the same spots. Is there something I need to do to make sure I'm not using wireless CarPlay while plugged in?

Last edited:

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I'm going to use my wireless network detector app and do some sleuthing!
we get a similiar issue on I-10 east in MISSISSIPPI where the stretch is along a prison
its about 3 mile dead zone
i loose GPS< , cell etc every-time i get close the prison that is right near the highway, am 8 freaking lane highway to
i think the prison jamms signals or something,
last trip my sync rebooted , in addition to loss of pandora, cell and gps nav
in other truck it simply lost gps, pandora and phone.

Mszczewski

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As someone who lives in the Milwaukee area, I also have issues in that exact same spot as well as on 94 by the State Fair Grounds.

Also, I noticed you said it's fine when plugged in but when my phones plugged in, I get disconnected in the same spots. Is there something I need to do to make sure I'm not using wireless CarPlay while plugged in?

I make sure my Wi-Fi is busy doing something else, like hosting a hotspot or being fully turned off. Otherwise, it will default to the wireless connection. This is my experience with iOS.

Mszczewski

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think there are Radio Frequency hot-spots or dead zones like this in some places. Used to be an area I'd run in to on the Interstate I-10 in Baton Rouge that would wipe out my wireless Carplay connection. Doesn't seem to do it in my truck anymore but does it now in my Wife's BMW.

I think I've read where you can complain to the FCC and have them investigate it.
I submitted an informal complaint to the FCC on the section of I-794 in Milwaukee, WI. I guess we'll see if they chase it down or not...

In case you get bored yourselves:
https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

S14suspense

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost Lariat 502a FX4 Smoked Quartz
I think you have to forget your phone in the carplay/bluetooth/etc setup settings and plug it in only to force your phone to be on WIRED carplay.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Disabling wireless app projection from the truck side is another way to do this.
Sponsored