Sync 4 wireless CarPlay won’t automatically connect after setup

f150newowner

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Got my 2021 F150 King Ranch about a month ago.
One issue I had with the sync 4 system is that I can successfully setup the wireless CarPlay with my phone and it works well.
But as soon as I turn the car off, the next time I use the car, I have to setup the wireless CarPlay again from scratch. When I click the Bluetooth option “Ford f-150” it prompts me to forget the device due to it being not available.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Flyboy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
Did you ever find a fix to your problem. I have the exact same issue with my 2021 King Ranch Powerboost. It was working find for months and then stopped working. I had an iPhone 12 and now iPhone 13 and it worked with both. To get it to connect now I need to go into Bluetooth each time I start the truck and click on F-150 and then CarPlay connects. I have tried a total Sync 4 reset and several time reinstalled the phone to no avail. Thanks.

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Did you ever find a fix to your problem. I have the exact same issue with my 2021 King Ranch Powerboost. It was working find for months and then stopped working. I had an iPhone 12 and now iPhone 13 and it worked with both. To get it to connect now I need to go into Bluetooth each time I start the truck and click on F-150 and then CarPlay connects. I have tried a total Sync 4 reset and several time reinstalled the phone to no avail. Thanks.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I had a problem very similar to what you guys described, after using the usb cord for a bit, it kinda of fixed itself? Went back to connecting as usual (well as long as the wife’s android was not in range), when she’s in the truck it tends to connect to her phone.

Flyboy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a problem very similar to what you guys described, after using the usb cord for a bit, it kinda of fixed itself? Went back to connecting as usual (well as long as the wife’s android was not in range), when she’s in the truck it tends to connect to her phone.
You may already be aware of this but I would check under phones at the connections and verify that your phone is marked as "favorite phone". That being said, mine is grayed out and I can't select it. My wife's phone is also paired. It used to allow it and since the last couple of software updates it now does not.

Sponsored

drewsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My 2021 no longer connects automatically either. I just got it back after 2 weeks at dealer for faulty APIM module which was making screen go dark -- and the battery needed replacement. Not impressed with electronics so far.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2021 no longer connects automatically either. I just got it back after 2 weeks at dealer for faulty APIM module which was making screen go dark -- and the battery needed replacement. Not impressed with electronics so far.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

Flyboy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford, is there a fix to this issue? I contacted Customer Support yesterday and she suggested a module reset and full Sync 4 reset. I have done all several times, including deleting the phone from the truck and all instances of Ford from my phone. Nothing seems to help. She gave me a case number and suggested taking it to the dealer.

21lariatspprt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I too just got my truck back after the apim module install also and now i have to repair my phone everytime i get in the truck! This new 2021 f150 truck has had problem after problem! Ford, help!!!

21lariatspprt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Update: i did a full sync reset, and that seems to have worked for now. I Did have to redo all presets, satellite radio, etc,.but so far so good.

Flyboy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got my 2021 F150 King Ranch about a month ago.
One issue I had with the sync 4 system is that I can successfully setup the wireless CarPlay with my phone and it works well.
But as soon as I turn the car off, the next time I use the car, I have to setup the wireless CarPlay again from scratch. When I click the Bluetooth option “Ford f-150” it prompts me to forget the device due to it being not available.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Thanks!
I suggest you take the truck back to your dealer. I called Ford and they opened a complaint ticket on my truck for the same issue you describe. They told me to take it to my dealer. I would suggest this is a known issue witch is why it needs to go back to the dealer.
I finally got my truck into the Ford Dealer and they ordered a new APIM module. They expected it would arrive within a few days to a week. It’s been over a week and no word from the dealership as of yet.
My phone’s Apple CarPlay works fine with my wife’s 2021 Mustang Mach-e and it worked fine with the 2022 Ford Edge loaner I received while they diagnosed the problem so I am quite sure it’s the truck. I have had other issues with the display locking up or parts of it going black. I have also had the radio controls freeze and not reset until I shut the truck off, waited a few minutes, and then restarted it. I did all the hard and soft resets of Sync 4 many times to no avail.
Sponsored