Sponsored

Sync wireless connection is unstable message

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I just started getting this error message. Doesn't happen every time I drive the car, but when it does it flashes for 2-3 seconds over and over.

The day the error message started popping up I had just updated Andoird on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Anyone else start experiencing this error message after an Android update?
Now that you mention it, yes actually. I think I updated my s21 ultra less than a week ago and I've started seeing the pop up. Wasn't happening prior.
Sponsored

maccardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just upgraded my phone last week from a S10+ and noticed this issue with my new S21Ultra. It wasn't happening with my S10

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have been having the same issues. I have had my truck in to the dealer twice now. The first time they did nothing, just told me to update to the latest version of Android auto (which I already had done) and the second time they swapped out a part and now I have to re "pair" my phone every time I get in the truck. I am anxious for solution if anyone gets this issue solved.

CaelebCandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
I have been having the same issues. I have had my truck in to the dealer twice now. The first time they did nothing, just told me to update to the latest version of Android auto (which I already had done) and the second time they swapped out a part and now I have to re "pair" my phone every time I get in the truck. I am anxious for solution if anyone gets this issue solved.
What kind of phone do you have?

Drmahanay2

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR 150
Occupation
Cpa
I know have the same issue with the pairing after the dealer swapped a part. Now says it's my phone. Don't believe it's my phones works fine with my other cars. Really frustrating. Anyone finds a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Android w/Samsung here. I see this every other day or so. I've just resorted to turning both my phone wifi and phone bluetooth off, then turn on my phone bluetooth and it normally reconnects my wifi and the error goes away.

I suspect my magnetic base phone holder is doing some interference with BT/wifi, but I haven't really tested. All these different technologies, software etc...its difficult to point a finger or isolate the issue.

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Android w/Samsung here. I see this every other day or so. I've just resorted to turning both my phone wifi and phone bluetooth off, then turn on my phone bluetooth and it normally reconnects my wifi and the error goes away.

I suspect my magnetic base phone holder is doing some interference with BT/wifi, but I haven't really tested. All these different technologies, software etc...its difficult to point a finger or isolate the issue.
I highly doubt your magnetic holdrr has anything to do with it considering how many people are having the problem. I know that I do not have a magnetic holder and am still frustrated by the problem.

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Happened to me. I deleted the phone from the car, deleted the car from the phone and then repaired and it hasn't happened as frequently this time around. When I repaired everything, it re-initialized android auto on the phone and prompted for permissions which I okayed. That may have something to do with it.

Also, if you have the car wifi hotspot enabled, make sure your phone forgets that wifi network. I think the phone bounces out of the android auto wifi to the hotspot wifi and that causes the connection error.

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ya, I tried all of that and it is still not working.

Sponsored

Thekameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I am having the same issue. One thing I have noticed. This is only happening when my phone screen goes dark. If I'm active (while parked), it won't display the error message.

MYF150FX4

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Lariat Supercrew FX4
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just upgraded my phone last week from a S10+ and noticed this issue with my new S21Ultra. It wasn't happening with my S10
I've had my new truck for a month or so and first paired it with an iPhone 12 with zero issues. Just 3 days ago I decided to try the new Samsung S21 Ultra and I now get the same errors everyone here is speaking of (hence me back in the Forum looking for a solution). I post this only to say that it has to be the S21 software (and not a Ford issue) as I've inadvertently performed a controlled test by ruling out the iPhone with this truck (and my just traded 2019 F150 - with Sync 3 and zero issues with connection).

Let's hope Samsung performs a patch quickly because I'm about to swap back to my Iphone as I will not go down the road with my Sync flashing errors every 30 seconds...

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I've had my new truck for a month or so and first paired it with an iPhone 12 with zero issues. Just 3 days ago I decided to try the new Samsung S21 Ultra and I now get the same errors everyone here is speaking of (hence me back in the Forum looking for a solution). I post this only to say that it has to be the S21 software (and not a Ford issue) as I've inadvertently performed a controlled test by ruling out the iPhone with this truck (and my just traded 2019 F150 - with Sync 3 and zero issues with connection).

Let's hope Samsung performs a patch quickly because I'm about to swap back to my Iphone as I will not go down the road with my Sync flashing errors every 30 seconds...
It is not isolated to the S21. Many people have reported this issue with other Samsung phones. I have an S10+ and am having the issues. But it is interesting to hear from someone who has had good success with the system using an iphone. My dealer is clueless on this issue and replaced some part and now my phone will not stay paired with the truck. Going back in tomorrow and if they can just get it back to the way it was I can at least use sync 4 on the limited occasions that my phone stays connected.

Last edited:

SilRich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Hello, I had this same issue with my F150 Sync 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.
The issue seemed to be with the Android lock screen permissions. I solved the issue by:
Go to Smart Lock on your Samsung phone and add your Sync 4 car connection to Trusted Devices. That warning message has not come back since.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Have an S10e and every time this happens I just turn bluetooth off and back on again, connects pretty quickly but it is annoying. Usually happens when I get stopped at a high interference area. Spotify skips when I drive through, but if I get stopped at a light or something that's usually when I get disconnected.
Sponsored

Last edited: