Reconnecting wireless Android Auto?

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
I love having wireless Android Auto, but one little thing that buts me about it is if I exit the vehicle while it's still running, with my phone in my pocket, Android Auto disconnects and when I get back in the truck it doesn't reconnect. I have yet to find a way to reconnect it without actually shutting off the truck completely and restarting it, which I of course basically never do. Anybody have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
You can hold the play and track advance button to do a quick reboot of the radio.

Edit: sorry, it might be the power button and seek + key

Last edited:

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
I had an issue where Android Auto stopped connecting wirelessly at all and only worked via the USB cable. I removed the device completely from the vehicle and the vehicle from the device. I setup the connection completely wirelessly again. Since doing that, I make sure to never connect the USB cable to charge the phone before Android Auto connects wirelessly first. I have not had any issues since. It is slow to start up sometimes, but it eventually recognizes my wireless Android Auto each time, and then I can plug in my phone via the USB to charge.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have that issue as well. Leave the truck with my phone and it disconnects. I welcome it! If it stays connected and I'm getting a phone call while in the quick shop and my phone rings the audio is still in the truck and I'm not.
I don't want android auto to handle my phone anytime btw. But in order to have AA for my streaming music it thjnks It needs to control my phone.

I fixed the issue. I used a old phone with a free add a phone number from my cell supplier. I leave the old phone on the wireless charger, use it for all Android Auto stuff and don't connect my personal phone to the truck anymore.

I could pay a subscription for the AT&T built-in modem and do the same but I wouldn't have access to control my music streaming services.

T mobile just started offering a data only Sim card to use in any old phone for 10.00 mo. Having my old phone in the truck also allows for a data connection for my passengers.

No more AA disconnects, no more forcing my calls to my truck, no more failed AA reconnects when leaving my truck.

I haven't been this happy since my the day my divorce was final.
Sponsored