Sponsored

Android Auto connection issues, wireless and wired

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
I have occasional connection drops when use Waze or Google Maps navigation in my 2021 F150. The phone is Samsung S10, Android 11, the latest Android Auto (ver. 7.2). I google all possible solutions for this problem since last September and tried them all, but the issue is still there. But the most mysterious thing that each time connection drops when I pass Ford Dealership (Grapevine Ford, where I bought the truck). And it doesn't depend on connection type, Bluetooth or wired. Couple days ago I lost wired connection on HWY 170 in Fort Worth. When I came back home, checked the area in Google Maps and found the connection loss happened in the vicinity of Ford Fort Worth Warehouse. That is not a dealership, but still belongs to Ford. I am really puzzled and out of any logic explanation of the issue. Does it make any sense or I am just loosing my mind and need thicker foil for my hat?
BTW Grapevine Ford installed Kahu tracker in my truck right before I came to pick her up and declined to remove it (that's another story and the reason why I won't recommend that dealership to anyone). They forced me to pay $500 for that crap but I never activated the tracker, because F150 has it's own free tracker from the factory. Which doesn't mean the Kahu tracker is not working, it hard wired and sends signals. I am not very knowledgeable in this area but could it be a some kind of interference caused by Kahu tracker?
Sponsored

Last edited: