First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I'm sure the AndroidAuto handles this more smoothly, but if you have an iPhone then you may notice that when you first get in the truck and connect to wireless CarPlay, that none of your applications that require internet work for the first few minutes. This includes Waze, google maps, Siri, and a host of other things. This is because the iPhone is trying to access the internet through the trucks wifi, which is only for wireless CarPlay. Eventually your phone will give up and start using cellular data for internet and still stay connected to wifi for CarPlay. If you open up safari and try to open a page, then it will prompt you that you have no internet connection on your wifi and ask if you want to swap to cellular data.

This really annoys me, I live in Houston and something as simple as knowing wether to take the north or west exit from my neighborhood can save me 15-20 minutes of traffic, and if I forget to open my maps and plot a path before I turn the truck on, I have to wait until it swaps to cellular data to fetch traffic data and plan a route. To get around this, you can set your phone to use a static IP address on the truck wifi network, with no router defined. This will force the phone to always use cellular data when on that specific wifi network, and you will have no lag accessing your internet apps.

Go to WiFi while in the truck and click on i with a circle around it beside the truck network “PROJXXXXX”

Ford F-150 Wireless CarPlay and No Internet Connection Message 1FDAAC52-18C7-4291-B4F2-AD2801BD012A

make note of your current IP address as subnet

Ford F-150 Wireless CarPlay and No Internet Connection Message BC7168C7-0D43-4432-B748-A8B3A116F14A

click on the “Configure IP. Automatic >” link and change it from automatic to manual and set your IP address And subnet to match what they were previously. Leave the router as blank and then save.
Ford F-150 Wireless CarPlay and No Internet Connection Message DA001304-1747-4EFC-A047-0CDA162A1D2C
Sponsored

MadHatter0101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 LARIAT
Occupation
Sys Admin
This is normal. The Wireless Apple car play is using the wifi to stream apple car play to you screen. Data comes from your cell service. It should be on low data as there is no data (data as internet) on that. Its like a 2nd SSID on the trucks wifi. All the data is used to steam Carplay. Notice how you phone does not show the wifi symbol on the top right when connected. It knows its not for internet.

BTW this does suck and I wish it didnt work like this. You cant use the wifi hotspot at that same time. I do suggest deleting you phone from your truck and repairing it. You most likely changed some settings and its stuck trying to get internet from that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ajzride

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I’ve deleted and added my phone several times. The problem I experience (iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6) is that it does show a WiFi symbol and try to use the WiFi for the first 3-5 minutes before it swaps over to cellular. If it just did it the first time I joined the network and then remember I always use cellular on that network I would not need the above work around. I experience the same problem in my MachE.

MadHatter0101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 LARIAT
Occupation
Sys Admin
I’ve deleted and added my phone several times. The problem I experience (iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6) is that it does show a WiFi symbol and try to use the WiFi for the first 3-5 minutes before it swaps over to cellular. If it just did it the first time I joined the network and then remember I always use cellular on that network I would not need the above work around. I experience the same problem in my MachE.

You have to forget the network on your phone. Then go in to Sync and forget your phone. Then delete the bluetooth pairing on your phone. When you repair it make sure it is on low data mode. Also reboot your phone after removing it.
Sponsored