First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I have gotten the recall notice three times from Ford. My dealer is saying that they only replace it after it quits working.
Advise please!
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
There are 2 recalls regarding wipers.
1. Wiper motor. They were only to change defective units until stock became available. At this point stock is available at all dealers. They nolonger inspect the unit for date code and they just replace it with new. They have to do thus to fulfill the recall. There should be no question.
2. Wiper arms. The same thing stock is available and they should be replaced at no charge to close out the recall.

Last edited:

LCMM55

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have gotten the recall notice three times from Ford. My dealer is saying that they only replace it after it quits working.
Advise please!
My wiper arms with blades were just replaced on the recall and I DID NOT have to wait for a failure, That is Bull Shyt, Beach Ford, Myrtle Beach SC wiper arms were in stock, I called and they came out with the mobile repair truck.

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
Advise please!
My dealer said the same thing but I said I was going on a long trip and didn't want it to fail while I was away. They said with a wink, you must be having issues with your wipers right. I said yes. Dealer : that's all we need. They fixed it when they did my oil change.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Leefire

Leefire

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Going to give this a try. Thanks

CowboyUP2022

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew 3.5L Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
Went to my local dealer this past week just for the Wiring Harness recall, and they actually surprised me by taking care of the Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement recall at the same time!

OP
OP
Leefire

Leefire

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Went to my local dealer this past week just for the Wiring Harness recall, and they actually surprised me by taking care of the Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement recall at the same time!
That would have been nice.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Advise please!
Find a better dealer.

I went in for free oil change back in october. They replaced wiper motor and did the rear wire harness one as well. I didnt even bring it up.

I would call the owner or ford and or the feds abd let them know a dealer is refusing to comlete a safety recall.

That is not cool.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I had both the motor and arms done under the recall. On the arms, it had to have a certain part number to be changed, which mine did. Go some place else or take off a arm and tell them it blew off going down the highway...nudge nudge wink wink...lol

Sponsored

blentre

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Power Boost Limited
They did the same thing to me then the driver's side entire wiper arm got stripped, fell off and would not stay back on. Huge safety issue and read them the riot act after that. It was changed that day. I had waited almost a year for the part to come in. They stole it from another customer in Austin. If that was yours, sorry... ;)

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
So mobile tech came to my house to do the two recalls - wiper motor and harness. He said they do not replace the arms if it's not on the recall/separate arms recall, only if it breaks.
Sponsored