Windshield Wipers quit working

NateWil21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew FX
Occupation
Army Corps of Engineers
I have a 2021 F-150 Supercrew Fx. The windshield wipers quit working after owning it 3 months. I got online to look at the owners manual and look at the fuse schematics, but they did not match my trucks fuse panel. So I took it to the Ford dealer I bought it from , they looked at it for 2 hours and said they didn't know what it was and they would have to tear the dash a part, and I would have to schedule an appointment. The earliest I can get in is 3 weeks away. I asked what am I supposed to do when it rains, they told me to buy rain x. I talked to my insurance company and asked if I was in an accident and my wipers didn't work they could refuse to cover me. So know I'm an owner 50+ thousand dollar paper weight for at least 3 weeks.
Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I have a 2021 F-150 Supercrew Fx. The windshield wipers quit working after owning it 3 months. I got online to look at the owners manual and look at the fuse schematics, but they did not match my trucks fuse panel. So I took it to the Ford dealer I bought it from , they looked at it for 2 hours and said they didn't know what it was and they would have to tear the dash a part, and I would have to schedule an appointment. The earliest I can get in is 3 weeks away. I asked what am I supposed to do when it rains, they told me to buy rain x. I talked to my insurance company and asked if I was in an accident and my wipers didn't work they could refuse to cover me. So know I'm an owner 50+ thousand dollar paper weight for at least 3 weeks.
That sucks and the worst part in my opinion is, whenever someone takes a dash apart, it's never the same after that. Weird squeaks and noises almost always follow. Sometimes they don't even show up until a year or more later.

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
Try another dealer and don't drive in the rain.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I second the opinion of going to another dealership, yours sounds about as useless as mine was. They were unable to fix misaligned doors after three visits and used every lame excuse in the book. I took it to another dealer and they fixed the problem in less than fifteen minutes, they didn't even bother taking my information or putting it through Ford because it was such a simple fix.

For a dealership representative to say 'use Rain-X' after failing to even diagnose such a simple problem is both ballsy and shameful. I doubt that they would even need to get inside the dash and their plan is to probably to just start throwing parts at it without a proper diagnosis. My dealership showed their ass when they asked Ford for new fucking doors; which is absolutely retarded, considering that only a couple bolts needed to be loosened and then tightened.

Do the wipers not work at all in any setting or only on certain settings? Do you have them set on 'rain sensing'? If so, try turning off the auto wipers in the settings menu on the touchscreen.

Ford F-150 Windshield Wipers quit working 248725C3-AAAD-40D5-B20F-622630523515
Ford F-150 Windshield Wipers quit working B694E13D-22BF-4B8F-94EC-F2E2494067EE
Ford F-150 Windshield Wipers quit working C1AEB8F1-7F63-45D1-A89B-8E49A70C02D3

Sponsored

OP
OP

NateWil21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew FX
Occupation
Army Corps of Engineers
The wipers don't work at all, either does the windshield fluid. I looked up the owners manual and the fuse box in my truck does not match the one in the picture. I did put the wipers on manual and still nothing. I'm planning on taking it to another dealership today. I had another new vehicle ordered for my wife, but I'm canceling my order and taking my business else where

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
This happened to mine within the first week of ownership. I took it to my local dealer and they replaced the wiper motors, and it's been god to go since then!

Hopefully yours can get replaced at a better dealer than the one you're with currently. Good luck!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The wipers don't work at all...the fuse box in my truck does not match the one in the picture. I did put the wipers on manual and still nothing.
I need to check my under hood fuse box too then, I wonder if it will be the same. Your next best bet to eliminate the fuses would be to check all the 30amp ones. If it were me, I would try and see if the wiper motor connector was easily accessible and hot wire the motor, maybe even disconnect the battery at the same time and see if rebooting the truck solved anything. A few people have been having parts malfunction because of loose connectors or crimped wire runs.

Good luck!

Echin

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Lariat Hybrid

Echin

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Lariat Hybrid
My 2021 Powerboost Lariat also has the same wiper failure also my windshield washer sprayer does not work. I am on the road towing my RV so this is not cool at all. Using rainX.
The dealer confirmed that the wiper motor needed to be replaced and that the error message “headlight system error check manual” was also related to the wiper motor.
Sponsored