First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Has anyone had their wiper motor recall finished yet? I just called again this morning and got the same line "we aren't scheduling for that recall, there is no ETA on the parts". I noticed the other day my wipers skipping and actually the passenger side stopped completely like the arm came loose.

I highly doubt that wiper motors need microchips. Just wondering if anyone has had luck yet getting theirs replaced.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Yeah it is shameful, but I guess for liability they need to address and notify right away, even if they dont have the parts to fix. :rolleyes:

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
They have the parts, they’re just choosing to use them for brand new trucks.

Unless, the brand new trucks are still getting shipped out with bad wipers.

Either way; it’s a huge FUBAR situation when Ford can’t figure out how to make a windshield wiper linkage as though it’s some lost art.
Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Motor Recall 30456605-9D21-41C3-B848-A3121305F3D1

Has anyone with a bad experience taken the cowl off to see exactly what the problem is?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
They have the parts, they’re just choosing to use them for brand new trucks.

Unless, the brand new trucks are still getting shipped out with bad wipers.

Either way; it’s a huge FUBAR situation when Ford can’t figure out how to make a windshield wiper linkage as though it’s some lost art.

Has anyone with a bad experience taken the cowl off to see exactly what the problem is?
No kidding. Would be nice to actually know what happened with these.

arky

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
My wiper motor was replaced before the recall. Mine failed on day 1 in heavy rain. Wiper motor would stop after running on high for a few minutes. They would restart after stopping for a bit and continuing on low wiper speed. After yours is replaced, before leaving shop, verify wiper sweep, as mine was hitting pillar and had to take back for proper alignment.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Still waiting for them to get one in stock since the recall.. They also told me depending on the serial number, it might not need one. Think they'd check while I was in there for an oil change.. Ugh.

IF. that thing quits and I end up losing control in a major storm, and I survive, I will own Ford and fire the lot of them! Why the hell would they not have motors. Not like they need a chip!

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Why the hell would they not have motors.
Unfortunately, they already have your money and they need them for the new builds. I'm waiting for parts for mine for months now....wiper arms could become detached.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Has anyone had their wiper motor recall finished yet? I just called again this morning and got the same line "we aren't scheduling for that recall, there is no ETA on the parts". I noticed the other day my wipers skipping and actually the passenger side stopped completely like the arm came loose.

I highly doubt that wiper motors need microchips. Just wondering if anyone has had luck yet getting theirs replaced.
Don't even mess with the dealership. Call Ford Support and get the answers. The dealerships of every make have a habit of turning away a good percentage of the vehicles they don't want to work on. Get on board with Ford Support and force the issue. I bought my truck in October 2022, and have not had any problem with it, but plan to do that. I also got the recall notice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Don't even mess with the dealership. Call Ford Support and get the answers. The dealerships of every make have a habit of turning away a good percentage of the vehicles they don't want to work on. Get on board with Ford Support and force the issue. I bought my truck in October 2022, and have not had any problem with it, but plan to do that. I also got the recall notice.
They ended up performing the recall at a recent oil change, go figure.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Perhaps the motors and associated parts are coming from the same place as the computer chips they couldn't get to equip my truck with Sirius/XM radio and the Navigation package I wanted.
Sponsored