Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm just guessing... but I don't think it's that personal. Or something that expresses how much Ford cares about me.

Rather it is yet another example of the obstacles that are faced in manufacturing these days that are like nothing in history.

Do you think that nobody at Ford has even attempted to acquire the wiper motors? At least using the normal procedures for doing so?

We probably won't ever hear the truth about what really is going on behind the veil, but I bet it's far different than what we are assuming.
Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Ford is building new trucks with bad wiper motors NO there are not. Fix our faulty products.
Not sure how it is to sell a truck with multiple RECALL SAFTY RECALLS that cannot be fixed !
I'm not ready to sell it I just got the truck it should have been from beginning with a weekend of FDRS updates I think it was 24 updates. I can't fix RECALLS with FDRS🏀🔨

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Ford is building new trucks with bad wiper motors NO there are not. Fix our faulty products.
Not sure how it is to sell a truck with multiple RECALL SAFTY RECALLS that cannot be fixed !
I'm not ready to sell it I just got the truck it should have been from beginning with a weekend of FDRS updates I think it was 24 updates. I can't fix RECALLS with FDRS🏀🔨

This is pretty much standard practice. At least from Ford as far as my experience with back ordered parts has been for the past 3 years of ownership. Ford allocates the vast majority of parts orders from vendors for the assembly line. The dealerships get warranty/recall repair parts drop shipped directly from the same manufacturers when they have surplus. Dealerships do not receive any update status tracking or information from Ford corporate or the vendors on if/when the requested parts will be delivered. It also appears that Ford Customer care agents also have no method to see when said parts will be shipped either, or at least the multiple reps I have spoken with over the years claim to not be able to. I suspect that Ford has some compartmentalization in place and the warranty and recall parts allocation department likely sends orders to be filled by the vendors and said vendors fill those in the order received or when they have enough surplus of a specific item to drop ship to multiple dealerships at a time.

Keep in mind this is all purely speculation but it does seem to fit how Ford handles it from my experience over the past 3 years thus far.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Just scheduled mine for next Monday. They will do both recalls (parking light and wiper motor) and in typical Ford fashion, they want to keep my truck for 2-3 days. I. GUESS. :mad:

Sponsored

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
My service advisor told me the arms only break with a heavy snow load on the windshield and someone turns the wipers on, he says not designed for the weight. Hell my old F350 plow truck sits and I can run the wipers with several inches on them, dont build them like they used to.
I don't trust anything so called "Service Advisors" tell me. They like to try to talk people out of having something fixed if it is on their nickel. Wait till it goes out of warranty and they'll try to sell you everything under the sun.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I called my dealership on Monday to schedule the e fix for this. They said they have the part in stock, and could have gotten me on on Tuesday, but only if I scheduled for something else that I pay for, like an oil change or tire rotation. I said I’m not ready for any maintenance at this time, let’s just do the recall tomorrow. She said no, we can’t do that. If it’s just the recall, it won’t be until the end of June. I said “for a safety recall?” And she said YES. I said no thanks to the Number 1 dealership in Columbus.
I called the Ford dealership in Circleville, who gladly took my business and scheduled me for this Monday.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I called my dealership on Monday to schedule the e fix for this. They said they have the part in stock, and could have gotten me on on Tuesday, but only if I scheduled for something else that I pay for, like an oil change or tire rotation. I said I’m not ready for any maintenance at this time, let’s just do the recall tomorrow. She said no, we can’t do that. If it’s just the recall, it won’t be until the end of June. I said “for a safety recall?” And she said YES. I said no thanks to the Number 1 dealership in Columbus.
I called the Ford dealership in Circleville, who gladly took my business and scheduled me for this Monday.
That is crazy. You should probably call Ford corporate and report them. That doesn't sound right.

Speaking of which, I had mine scheduled today for this recall. I went in and they told me the recall had been amended (recently by Ford) and the wiper motor only gets replaced IF they are non functional or working erratically. Due to scarcity of parts, Ford is prioritizing the vehicles that really need the motors replaced. He did say that if I did have issues with the wiper I could still bring it in at anytime. They have done the software update for the light flicker issue and they have informed me that my truck is ready for pickup. This is like 2 hours after drop off. Initially, they wanted my truck for 2-3 days.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
That is crazy. You should probably call Ford corporate and report them. That doesn't sound right.
<snip>
Agree. I'd elevate this to FoMoCo because that is a BS practice.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
The same “#1 dealership “ in Columbus had my wife’s Bronco scheduled for her oil change and tire rotation at 8:00 today (we typically get that time window). We drop it off around 7:00pm on Sunday evenings and leave the keys ion the night drop box. Well, I followed her over last night in my F150 to drop it off, and low and behold, the property was gated closed! I had. To take time off today to drive her Bronco over and wait for the oil changed. I decided to ask the service writer if they had a night drop box, and he said “yeah, right out there!” I informed him the gates were locked last night and he proclaimed, “duh, we were closed.” And I asked him what good is a night drop box if you can’t get to it? He just looked at me like a sub 45 IQ Neanderthal. I’m done with Ricart Ford and Coughlin gets all of my business now.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Guess we know which dealership service writer works off commissions now.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Just scheduled mine for next Monday. They will do both recalls (parking light and wiper motor) and in typical Ford fashion, they want to keep my truck for 2-3 days. I. GUESS. :mad:
Did you proactively reach out to them or did they contact you?

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
My 2021 Powerboost is in right now for Oil/filter, early diff fluid changes, possessed tailgate recall and wiper motor recall. I was told this AM they have the parts to do both recalls and the maintenance items should be wrapped up this afternoon. I gave about a 2 week's heads up and they said at the time having the wiper motor parts was going to be about 50/50.

Last edited:

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I just received my second wiper blade recall which says the same as the first: they don’t have the parts and they’ll call me when they do.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored