First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Anyone having issues with wind noise. Normally I have tunes playing but at times passengers along. Its then that I notice wind noise. Whislting. Anyone know how to locate it and what the possible causes are.? My wife is going to throw a fit if she hears it in our new ride......
Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Anyone having issues with wind noise. Normally I have tunes playing but at times passengers along. Its then that I notice wind noise. Whislting. Anyone know how to locate it and what the possible causes are.? My wife is going to throw a fit if she hears it in our new ride......
Are the windows all way up lol just asking. Back window closed?

OP
OP

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Are the windows all way up lol just asking. Back window closed?
For sure. Checked all the windowns. Doors etc......

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
For sure. Checked all the windowns. Doors etc......
Well light a smoke and have someone check all doors and windows while driving. Or it could be coming from front window. When was it built? There was a recall on front window.

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
I've had two 21's in my possession.. Both had wind noise and whistling over 55mph.. Different locations of the whistling though.. Wondering if it's the fender badges or something.. Haven't really started to look for it yet..

Sponsored

Fisher24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
I started another thread today regarding me having to take my truck in first the windshield recall... however, I have also heard the wind noise. I’m wondering if the windshield is the cause. Dealership will be looking at this too. Their first thought is that my doors need to be adjusted.

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have issues both front driver and passenger windows. Above 55 and when it’s windy it is worse. If I put my index finger in the corner of the rear part of the window, or I lower the window a tad, it will go away. It seems like a gap between the rubber and window.

OP
OP

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
I have issues both front driver and passenger windows. Above 55 and when it’s windy it is worse. If I put my index finger in the corner of the rear part of the window, or I lower the window a tad, it will go away. It seems like a gap between the rubber and window.
I will need to get someone in the back and give the windows a push....Its just one of those things that once you hear it...you can't stop noticing it. Like one of those songs stuck in your head.

OP
OP

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Easy now.....I love my tow mirrors. You will too once you drive a truck without them.;)

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I love my tow mirrors too.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Tow mirrors definitely deflect that wind noise. No question they punch a huge hole. And it's cute when they touch.

Ford F-150 Wind noise Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 4.59.32 PM

bassaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L
Just want to chime in as I am also dealing with a driver-side wind noise above 50mph. The noise completely goes away if I tuck in the side mirrors while driving. Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences and what ultimately solved the noise.

Besides this petty wind noise, truck is flawless!