Windshield Wiper Motor Noise

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
I tried searching the threads so I didn’t repost an existing topic but didn’t find any so….

When using my wipers, the motor itself is really loud when it does its sweep. I’ve had plenty of cars and recently came from a Murano and I’ve never heard the motor this loud or at all. Outside AND inside the cab. No issues with operations that I can tell, just the annoyance. The cab is really quiet so I don’t listen to the radio much above 6 or 8 when the family is in and it constantly changes my focus of attention.

This is my first truck, so is this just a truck thing that I need to get used to?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m happy to make a YT video of it but not sure if linking to videos is allowed here or not, but it would give you guys an idea of what I’m hearing.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Only thing I hear is the blades running across the glass, and the direction changes.
Can only hear the wiper motor in my 65 Ranchero, but that motor is inside the cabin.
Cant hear it in any of the other cars.

OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m going to try to take a video this weekend and post it so you guys can tell me what you think.

OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I finally remembered to take a video of it so posting it here. I’m talking in the video at a normal casual volume for reference on loudness.

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
That is absolutely NOT normal and would drive me insane!

OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“Sounds” like I’ll probably have to call the dealer and see what they can do about it. Can anyone take a video of what the wipers should sound like?

The sound does drive me mad when I have the fam in the truck and it’s raining. It’s fine when I’m by myself because I just turn up the radio, but yea, if that’s not a normal sound, I’m hoping the dealer can get it taken care of. I definitely don’t want my motor going out this winter when it snows if the sound might be a potential indication of failure too.

Last edited:

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
I'm sorry but that sounds like an electric donkey braying. I hope the dealer replaces the motor for you ASAP.

fordbroncoowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’m going to try to take a video this weekend and post it so you guys can tell me what you think.
I tried searching the threads so I didn’t repost an existing topic but didn’t find any so….

When using my wipers, the motor itself is really loud when it does its sweep. I’ve had plenty of cars and recently came from a Murano and I’ve never heard the motor this loud or at all. Outside AND inside the cab. No issues with operations that I can tell, just the annoyance. The cab is really quiet so I don’t listen to the radio much above 6 or 8 when the family is in and it constantly changes my focus of attention.

This is my first truck, so is this just a truck thing that I need to get used to?
Mine just started doing it as well. Drive me crazy.....

OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine just started doing it as well. Drive me crazy.....
I haven’t had a chance to get mine in yet due to a crazy work schedule, but I’m shorting for some time between Christmas and New Years. I have a feeling I’ll be pushed if til 2022 though with it being the holidays.

Sponsored

DanSTX

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX 4x4 2.7L 3.55 E-lock Space White
I have noticed the same thing on my '21 (bought this month) I noticed it driving around in the rain today. Mine is not as bad as the video but I imagine it will get worse over time. It will be on the list of thing to fix when I go back to the dealer for service. Really annoying. Coming from a Toyota as my previous vehicle I was spoiled with the build quality. My old 2002 F150 had no noise in the wiper motor whatsoever....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven’t had a chance to get in yet to get mine looked at but maybe soon. I haven’t had to use the wipers as much lately, but now that it’s starting to rain more and more as the weather changes it’s getting bumped in priority. Still HIGHLY annoying when I use them.

I’ll have to see if they’ll let me send them the the video so I don’t have to make 2 trips…one to diagnose that’s it’s bad which is obvious and the other to fix.

OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a fall build date so unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be part of that recall.
Sponsored