Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
So I took my truck into the dealer yesterday to finally address the 2 recalls for the underbody and trailer break controller and asked about the wiper motor. The dealer said they can clearly hear it is faulty and when trying to order the replacement they have a stop order on the wiper motors which I'm assuming is related to the recall 22S12 and parts being hard to come by. So now I have to continue to live with this noise until they can get enough parts. It sounds like I'm at the bottom of the list, since Ford won't let the dealer even order the replacement for me because they are prioritizing the recalled trucks first. I guess I will continue to gamble that my motor doesn't finally die during a torrential rain while driving on the expressway.
Sponsored

KJ018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
So I took my truck into the dealer yesterday to finally address the 2 recalls for the underbody and trailer break controller and asked about the wiper motor. The dealer said they can clearly hear it is faulty and when trying to order the replacement they have a stop order on the wiper motors which I'm assuming is related to the recall 22S12 and parts being hard to come by. So now I have to continue to live with this noise until they can get enough parts. It sounds like I'm at the bottom of the list, since Ford won't let the dealer even order the replacement for me because they are prioritizing the recalled trucks first. I guess I will continue to gamble that my motor doesn't finally die during a torrential rain while driving on the expressway.
As someone who had to deal with a completely inoperable wiper motor for months, keep rain-x on hand. I also kept an adjustable window squeegee under my back seat. It was very handy in a pinch. I had noises and intermittent failures, then a complete failure. I wasn't a recall since it was a '22. It took from April 5th to June 7th to finally get it fixed. Hopefully yours is just a noise.

OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealer called me today and confirmed the wiper motor arrived. I have an appointment July 12th to get it replaced. I will be more than happy to wait the 2 weeks for my appt to not have to hear that awful noise again!

OP
OP
Boscom39

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The motor was replaced today and my ears are rejoicing! Even the few test swipes I did to test it were filled with anxiety waiting for the noise. I am absolutely thrilled!
Sponsored