Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same problem here. Wind noise/buffeting around 50mph+ from drivers door. I too tracked this down to the mirror, however, I think the mirror noise is normal. What isn't normal is the door allowing the noise into the cab. Tried all known tricks and even some I came up with myself. No change unless I fold in mirrors or add latex tubing to plug the mirror housing openings. Still troubleshooting here and there but learned to live with it for the most part. Recent dealer visit for some recalls resulted in the typical "unable to duplicate concern".

Besides the noise, truck is phenomenal.
Good morning. Would you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this wind noise concern on my end? Thank you!
Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Same problem here. Wind noise/buffeting around 50mph+ from drivers door. I too tracked this down to the mirror, however, I think the mirror noise is normal. What isn't normal is the door allowing the noise into the cab. Tried all known tricks and even some I came up with myself. No change unless I fold in mirrors or add latex tubing to plug the mirror housing openings. Still troubleshooting here and there but learned to live with it for the most part. Recent dealer visit for some recalls resulted in the typical "unable to duplicate concern".

Besides the noise, truck is phenomenal.
Where on the mirror are you adding the latex tubing?

bassaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Check out the following thread. I go over where I placed the tubing. Worked great. Downside is the tubing just falls out if you close the mirrors (intentionally or accidently) and I found the latex tubing only lasts a few months max before the UVs caused it to fade/crack.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/wind-noise.3079/page-2#post-83405
Wow. Hard to believe Ford didn’t catch that flaw during testing.

Thanks for the link to the other thread, a lot of good info there.

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
No difference if my mirrors are open or folded. Can't really discern if noise is coming from front, back, or top of window, but here's my observation - exterior, the door panel is recessed at the front quarter panel and protruding at the B pillar. Does anyone have the same condition on their truck? Seems similar on passenger, but not as dramatic.

My old truck made a racket when closing the door - I adjusted the lock catch (on frame) to make it a little quieter. So I know you can adjust the up and down alignment of the door catch, but is there anyway to adjust or pull the panel in tighter to create a better seal?
Ford F-150 Road/wind noise 9850FBBE-136D-4CEF-9129-1FF2DA3C61C2
Ford F-150 Road/wind noise 290F18A2-E2A5-4A47-A0EE-0B99854AA98B
Ford F-150 Road/wind noise C1DE2992-44A9-46A0-9400-345146688417

True North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-125 Ford One Gallon Flush Toilet
And I thought I was going to save some grief by waiting for a 2022 so Ford could work out the problems. Unfortunately thats not case as I have a long list of problems, beyond the wind noise.
You get the foresight of the year award as you have clearly dodged a few bullets. I actually had the General Manager at the dealership chastise me and said I should known better than buying the first year of a new Ford truck to which I replied, I bought my first new F-150 in 1978. How do you figure the truck is a new model? No reply from him! LOL GLTA
Sponsored