Sponsored

FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS)

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Getting closer but now I get this. I’ll give it a rest and try again later. I also can’t download it from the Motorcraft site to my Mac. I think because of the file extension or something.
Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) DBB68520-DFE7-423A-962F-FD5D99F932B5

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
@tonesto7,

Just posting this SSM as an FYI.
Personally, I've never had any issues with your Widget on 3 separate vehicles.

SSM 50804 - 2013-2023 Various Vehicles - 12 Volt Battery Drain When Using Third Party Phone Applications- Modems Activated Through FordPass Or LincolnWay

Some 2013-2023 Ford or Lincoln vehicles with modems activated through FordPass or LincolnWay may experience 12 volt battery drain symptoms when the customer uses non-Ford/Lincoln phone applications as an alternate channel to access vehicle commands such as door lock/unlock, remote start, vehicle location, etc. The battery drain may be caused by excessive calls for data through the vehicle network keeping it in an activated state. Recommend that the customer uninstall the app to ensure this is not contributing to battery symptoms experienced. Advise the customer that unaffiliated third-party app developers do not work directly with Ford to adhere to security, vehicle communication, and privacy requirements.

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
@tonesto7,

Just posting this SSM as an FYI.
Personally, I've never had any issues with your Widget on 3 separate vehicles.

SSM 50804 - 2013-2023 Various Vehicles - 12 Volt Battery Drain When Using Third Party Phone Applications- Modems Activated Through FordPass Or LincolnWay

Some 2013-2023 Ford or Lincoln vehicles with modems activated through FordPass or LincolnWay may experience 12 volt battery drain symptoms when the customer uses non-Ford/Lincoln phone applications as an alternate channel to access vehicle commands such as door lock/unlock, remote start, vehicle location, etc. The battery drain may be caused by excessive calls for data through the vehicle network keeping it in an activated state. Recommend that the customer uninstall the app to ensure this is not contributing to battery symptoms experienced. Advise the customer that unaffiliated third-party app developers do not work directly with Ford to adhere to security, vehicle communication, and privacy requirements.
Thanks... Someone posted it in the Mach-e forum last week. It's not caused by the widget because I never request a vehicle refresh. I leave that up to end users to do that manually. I think this is related to automations created by end-user with other integrations.
I spent a lot of time making sure the widget doesn't cause issues like this :)

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
We all appreciate your efforts in building and maintaining it. I imagine the code requires meticulous persistent upkeep. This is not a complaint or a request, but
I think the GUI has some odd spacing in the larger widgets which could benefit from a bit of adjustment. Personally I prefer the thrid style in the bottom left for both iPadOS and iOS. Here's a screenshot of all 4 current layouts for reference.

Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) EFF20BC8-F987-4EDE-9F30-5453F815A7D6

Sponsored

thatguyinms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost XLT, 2015 Expy EB Platinum
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Good evening, joined the forum to ask this question:

In the Widget, under Advanced info>View Towing Payload Info...
Where do these values come from? I have Max Tow (14k lb) however this view states "12400 lbs".

Is this a 'live' value or just standard data from Ford?

Smart Hitch and Onboard scales are a feature I missed out on and really wish I had as I tow heavy, often.

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good evening, joined the forum to ask this question:

Where do these values come from? I have Max Tow (14k lb) however this view states "12400 lbs".

Is this a 'live' value or just standard data from Ford?

Smart Hitch and Onboard scales are a feature I missed out on and really wish I had as I tow heavy, often.
This is all data returned by Ford for your VIN. I try to make any and all data I find available to users, but I haven't really vetted all the info for the payloads.

thatguyinms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost XLT, 2015 Expy EB Platinum
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Thanks, I figured that was the case. I really appreciate this Scriptable and the detail that has gone into it. I'm an admin for healthcare applications and being able to dig into the weeds and see how it works is my timekiller of choice.

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for sharing I haven't received this notice yet.
I can assure everyone that I do not have access to anyone's ford account credentials. The widget doesn't share any data with myself or any other third parties all transactions are performed securely on the device it's running on.

Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I can assure everyone that I do not have access to anyone's ford account credentials. The widget doesn't share any data with myself or any other third parties all transactions are performed securely on the device it's running on.
Certainly and I am in no way implying that this is about your widget.

I do wonder what triggered this message by Ford and what other companies are trying to get FordPass access for?

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Anthony:

Good to know. I also got a similar notice via my LinclolnWay app for my '18 MKZ. It has some of the features of FordPass such as remote starting/locking and oil and tire pressure status albeit not as sophisticated because of the car's Sync 3 platform.

I hope Ford doesn't lock us out of your widget. It is way more useful than the FordPass app.

Jeff C

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Based on your comment, just want to make sure you understand you do NOT have 14klb of towing.

That 14k number is a (max) marketing number for a specific F150 config which is not yours.

For a PowerBoost with Max Tow package that is a 4x2 your max tow weight is 12.7k and if 4x4 is 12.4k.

And those numbers are still max, assuming you are carrying NO payload.

A PB GVWR is 7350.

A PB GCWR is 18,400

The only way you can even get the 12.7klb towing is in a 4x2 with a GVW of 5700lb (i.e. 18.4-12.7).

For you to have a GVW of 5700lb then your payload sticker (red/yellow/white sticker on driver door frame) of 1650lb (i.e. 7350-5700).

If your sticker says, for example payload of 1450 (and you weigh 200lb and nothing else in the truck), then your actual max tow is 12.3k.

If, as another example, you have a 4x4 and you and spouse and various other stuff in the truck, including an aftermarket tonneau cover, totaling up to say 550lbs and your payload sticker was 1300 then your actual max tow is 11.8klbs.

Sorry for the math, just wanted to make sure you understood your max tow rating is not 14k.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Well here you go:

NHTSA ID Number: 10212957

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 50804

Summary

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10212957-0001.pdf

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Anyone else have their FordPass account disabled?

I had an email in my inbox this morning saying my account was flipped to enabled=false
Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) Screenshot 2022-06-15 145444

The widget is now asking for login data and I can't login to FordPass on the Ford website:
Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) Screenshot 2022-06-15 145529

The error code is " CSIAH0320E", which over at the Mach-E forum appears to be that the security team manually disabled API access:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/unauthorized-api-use-can-disable-your-account.13893/

I didn't (intentionally?) do anything unordinary or abusive with the widget - I'm not sure how Ford would have flagged my account.

Anyone else experience this?

Edited to add - a known issue...? I somehow doubt that.
Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) Picture1
Sponsored

Last edited: