Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Description:
Many months ago I found a FordPass widget while searching for some Ford pass API stuff.

At the time I didn't even know what Scriptable was, but I work with Javascript every day so this was an amazing find for me and it allowed me to interface with my truck without having to use the FP app.
I completely refactored the entire script into an alternative control to FordPass.

Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) 1639255355685

Download and Instructions:
https://github.com/tonesto7/fordpass-scriptable
Ford Widget Tool Installer (tonesto7.github.io)

Latest Release Announcement:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/fordpass-scriptable-widget-ios-ipad-macos.7444/post-132717

Reporting Issues and Feature Requests:
Please open up issues or feature requests here https://github.com/tonesto7/fordpass-scriptable/issues

If you are a coder yourself please submit pull requests and I will gladly merge them if they make sense.

Giving Thanks:
Thanks again to dschablowsky for all his work on the original script...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
How fun! Fortunately, I had saved all the Ford inventory search images for my truck, so I was able to drop the side view png to imgur and tweak the script to show my red truck (I’ll drop a pull request for it soon). Thanks for sharing! I’ll poke around the script to see why it’s cutting off the tire pressures, but the rest seems to work great.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Wow, that’s really nice! Is there any way to to add scripts to the actual widget so that you don’t have to open the app to execute the actions? I would dedicate a whole home page to the truck status and wick actions if it could be done.

Im using the Siri Shortcuts right now which allow me to just hit one button and it would be awesome to replace or supplement those with on screen status like this.

I really like that you have actions for the lights. I realize this might be a stretch since there isn’t a FordPass button, but any way to add an action to

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
How fun! Fortunately, I had saved all the Ford inventory search images for my truck, so I was able to drop the side view png to imgur and tweak the script to show my red truck (I’ll drop a pull request for it soon). Thanks for sharing! I’ll poke around the script to see why it’s cutting off the tire pressures, but the rest seems to work great.
I'm working on pulling in the actual image of your vehicles directly from ford.
The formatting of the widget still needs so work... It's likely pushed to the right because of the address having a lot of characters

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wow, that’s really nice! Is there any way to to add scripts to the actual widget so that you don’t have to open the app to execute the actions? I would dedicate a whole home page to the truck status and wick actions if it could be done.

Im using the Siri Shortcuts right now which allow me to just hit one button and it would be awesome to replace or supplement those with on screen status like this.

I really like that you have actions for the lights. I realize this might be a stretch since there isn’t a FordPass button, but any way to add an action to
Unfortunately, no.
Apple restricts the actions available in widgets. I am going to work on the menu to add more features like trailer lighting, securialert, and provide more info...

I'm doing it in increments... Once I get the image working from ford that's my next step.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ok... So I have the automatic vehicle image working from ford based on your VIN... It's pretty cool!

I have a lot of cleanups and code to consolidation to do before I release so please be patient... I hopefully should have another release out by Monday/Tuesday

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Thanks @tonesto7 !!! This is awesome! I added it to my Home Screen and it looks great!

Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) 5CE91C40-2474-4D0C-9B61-7013944B979F

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Very cool!

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Looks great. I get this error when I try to open the script, after entering Username/password/VIN:

Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) IMG_D1C8106BF5EF-1

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Thanks @tonesto7 !!! This is awesome! I added it to my Home Screen and it looks great!

5CE91C40-2474-4D0C-9B61-7013944B979F.png
I’m having the same issue where the formatting is a little different. It only shows two of the tire pressures and the oil life doesn’t show up. Not a huge deal and might have something to do with different phone screen resolutions?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Looks great. I get this error when I try to open the script, after entering Username/password/VIN:

IMG_D1C8106BF5EF-1.jpeg
I need to handle this scenario. Unfortunately, I'm going out with my wife today to celebrate our anniversary. I will be releasing a new version by pulling in your actual vehicle image and other items. I will address this bug first before releasing it.
please bear with me. If anyone sees errors in the code or has fixes please share them so we can make this script better.

jeffk11

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Hybrid
I’m having the same issue where the formatting is a little different. It only shows two of the tire pressures and the oil life doesn’t show up. Not a huge deal and might have something to do with different phone screen resolutions?
@tonesto7 great work!

As mentioned by a couple others, the formatting on smaller screens seems to cause a few items to not work correctly. Tire pressure, Oil Life, Fuel Guage bar don't seem to work correctly on the iPhone mini. Not sure if these aesthetic items can be easily tweaked.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I need to handle this scenario. Unfortunately, I'm going out with my wife today to celebrate our anniversary. I will be releasing a new version by pulling in your actual vehicle image and other items. I will address this bug first before releasing it.
please bear with me. If anyone sees errors in the code or has fixes please share them so we can make this script better.
No problem! Thank you so much for working on this project. Very cool and greatly appreciate you creating this! Have a great anniversary
Sponsored