Sponsored

FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS)

NicoW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB Lariat
Okay, I must still be doing something wrong here. On this latest update, I no longer get the error I posted about previously, but I'm not getting prompted for login credentials. In the install video, it shows the FordPass username/password login prompts at the top of the "Required settings missing' popup that comes up once the widget is installed. I get that popup, but it doesn't have the username/password fields (see attached screenshot). So the widget is not working for me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Scriptable, the "FordWidgetTool," and the widget script itself. I never get the login fields, and so the widget isn't working for me. What am I doing wrong?

fordpass_script_screen.PNG
I have the exact same issue. In fact, having this installed now triggers an email about every 30 minutes, telling me my account has been locked.
Sponsored

Attachments

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have the exact same issue. In fact, having this installed now triggers an email about every 30 minutes, telling me my account has been locked.
Let me know if you ever figure out how to request an unlock for your account.

I'm going on 3 weeks of being locked out. I can't figure out how to get a request to someone who can take action.

NicoW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB Lariat
Let me know if you ever figure out how to request an unlock for your account.

I'm going on 3 weeks of being locked out. I can't figure out how to get a request to someone who can take action.
I had to call Ford. The 'easiest' way was calling 1-800-336-0486 (option 5). That will get you to a representative that can help you. They will send you a reset link. I would recommend going through the process with them on the phone. It seems ever since the latest 'hot fix' on their end the new password will have to be a specific sequence of upper case, lower case letters, a number(s) and one of four special characters. I hope this helps.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I had to call Ford. The 'easiest' way was calling 1-800-336-0486 (option 5). That will get you to a representative that can help you. They will send you a reset link. I would recommend going through the process with them on the phone. It seems ever since the latest 'hot fix' on their end the new password will have to be a specific sequence of upper case, lower case letters, a number(s) and one of four special characters. I hope this helps.
Thanks!

Phone support ran me through the password reset a couple of times, same as the online support. That was never my issue and I'm still locked out.

That said, it was much nicer to speak with a person in real-time vs chat. Plus, the phone support was kind enough to open a support ticket which might maybe someday get another set of eyes that can see the locking attribute (which is clearly in my original email from Ford).

Phone support was also kind enough to talk me through the process of migrating accounts - so if this goes on too much longer I'll just make a new account that's not bricked and they can move points from the old to new account.

usn.mustanger

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor (on order)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Well, crap, if this widget might lock me out of my account, perhaps I'll stop trying. I don't want to lose access to the functionality I do have through the FordPass app.. @tonesto7 , any luck fixing the login token issues? Also, how can I start completely fresh? I've uninstalled/reinstalled already, but there's still no user/pass fields.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Well, crap, if this widget might lock me out of my account, perhaps I'll stop trying. I don't want to lose access to the functionality I do have through the FordPass app.. @tonesto7 , any luck fixing the login token issues? Also, how can I start completely fresh? I've uninstalled/reinstalled already, but there's still no user/pass fields.
Logins are fixed. To clear everything open the FordWidgetTool > Reset > Tap on the instance listed

usn.mustanger

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Logins are fixed. To clear everything open the FordWidgetTool > Reset > Tap on the instance listed
Still not working for me. I can reset the instance, and I can now enter my FordPass login credentials, but when I tap the "Region" field, I get the same error as in my original post in this thread. If I don't tap the "Region" field (it's pre-populated with "NA"--is that "Not Available", or "North America"?--it's unclear), and just tap "Get Vehicles", it doesn't find my VIN. When I manually enter the VIN in the resulting "Supported Vehicles List" pop-up and tap "Save VIN", I get the standard "Required Settings Missing" sheet. I then hit "Save", the progress indicator spins for a bit then stops, and it seems all is well. But when I add and configure a widget to my Home Screen, it stays blank, with the default "Scriptable" artwork displayed. No FordPass data.

What am I doing wrong? If it helps, I can enable debugging and send you the logs. And at this point, if I can get this working on my phone, I'd be more than happy to buy you a 6-pack of your favorite beverage!

Last edited:

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
Still not working for me. I can reset the instance, and I can now enter my FordPass login credentials, but when I tap the "Region" field, I get the same error as in my original post in this thread. If I don't tap the "Region" field (it's pre-populated with "NA"--is that "Not Available", or "North America"?--it's unclear), and just tap "Get Vehicles", it doesn't find my VIN. When I manually enter the VIN in the resulting "Supported Vehicles List" pop-up and tap "Save VIN", I get the standard "Required Settings Missing" sheet. I then hit "Save", the progress indicator spins for a bit then stops, and it seems all is well. But when I add and configure a widget to my Home Screen, it stays blank, with the default "Scriptable" artwork displayed. No FordPass data.

What am I doing wrong? If it helps, I can enable debugging and send you the logs. And at this point, if I can get this working on my phone, I'd be more than happy to buy you a 6-pack of your favorite beverage!
I get the same. When looking at the console messages, it says it cannot parse “Error” from the authentication response. I know you do this on the side, @tonesto7 , so I appreciate you, and figure it’ll work itself out eventually.

usn.mustanger

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I get the same. When looking at the console messages, it says it cannot parse “Error” from the authentication response. I know you do this on the side, @tonesto7 , so I appreciate you, and figure it’ll work itself out eventually.
Just curious, how do you look at console messages?

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
Just curious, how do you look at console messages?
If you touch the … circle for FordPass Widget in Scriptable, you can touch the triangle to run it. In the lower right hand side there is a small box with a number in it. If you touch that, it shows what the script is logging as it tries to do things.

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Hi Tonesto-
Been getting this error after closing the app. Tried a reset but still get the same error.
Ford F-150 FordPass - Scriptable Widget V2022.XX (iOS, iPad, MacOS) 1659127117071

usn.mustanger

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Now I'm not getting any visible errors, but after providing my login credentials, it still doesn't find my VIN. And when I manually enter my VIN and run it, here's the last several lines of the log:
Code:
2022-07-29 17:57:58: ****RVV Data****
2022-07-29 17:57:58: FPS set target cookie::success ==>[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object]
2022-07-29 17:58:02: makeFordRequest Error: JSON Parse error: Unexpected identifier "Error"
2022-07-29 17:58:02: makeFordRequest(getVehicleStatus) Error: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected identifier "Error"
Code execution stops there, and the widget just shows the default Scriptable background.

Hope this helps you troubleshoot! Thanks again for your time and effort!

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
OK, I just released v2022.05.12.1
Hi
I was not able to run the widget
If possible please post detail instructions or a link to a YouTube video.
Thanks

Bomba-de-Cereza

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
I was able to get my password reset by just using the ford.com site. Go to 'my account' and click 'forgot password' and have the system send you a password reset. I reset my password through that (even though my password was working on the site and fordpass app), and the Fordpass Widget worked again with the new password.
Sponsored