Where Are The Hybrids??

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Im not trying to belittle your situation Im sure your completely frustrated by this. I would be to. But the fact the the truck reliably starts with Fordpass has me puzzled. Could all of this be as simple as a problem with the key fob? Maybe a dead battery in the fob? Have you tried your second key fob?
Sponsored

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Im not trying to belittle your situation Im sure your completely frustrated by this. I would be to. But the fact the the truck reliably starts with Fordpass has me puzzled. Could all of this be as simple as a problem with the key fob? Maybe a dead battery in the fob? Have you tried your second key fob?
Had not tested remote start with the fob when the SSN was happening, that was discussed with the service manager and was going to be tested if I had taken the truck back and the SSN error happened again, but the fob batteries were fine. Truck locked and unlocked with fob, no problem and used the remote start often from the house to warm up the truck.

The issue was, I would get into truck, press brake pedal, with brake pedal held down, press start, truck would flash a warning screen "Stop Safely Now" and refuse to go to the ready. Gear shift was locked, truck would not operate.

There is supposedly a fix for this issue now, but have read a few comments that the fix has not worked.

That truck is gone, not sure where, and I am driving an ICE 5.0L truck that starts every time.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I take it that you hadn't discovered the 2-step starting procedure before you turned the truck over to the dealership.
It's just tough to swallow that huge depreciation hit on a truck that might not have inconvenienced you again before the fix came along.

The SSN reports have actually seemed to have diminished around here. Barely a trickle.

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
I take it that you hadn't discovered the 2-step starting procedure before you turned the truck over to the dealership.
It's just tough to swallow that huge depreciation hit on a truck that might not have inconvenienced you again before the fix came along.

The SSN reports have actually seemed to have diminished around here. Barely a trickle.
Correct, truck was gone before I found out about the 2-step process.

I found these forums trying to research what was going on with the SSN Error.

Been reading through the forums, both the F150 forum and the F150gen14 forum, found out about forskin (forscan), got the adapter and used it to update my new, used truck, antiglare lighting, bambi mode, added tail lights to the DRL, adjusted tire size etc. Just spent the past few weeks going through the FDSR thread. Had Rugedraw and Jesse help me through a failed OTA, that then failed the roll back.

This new truck is a higher trim level than I have ever had, always got the XLT FX4 in the past and this one is a Lariat with features I did not ever think I'd have or even want. Cooling seats, who knew, OK with leather they are really helpful.

Yes the deprecation was a huge pill to swallow, although the dealer made it a bit more bearable by including a five year , 100,000 KM extended warranty, and maybe I should have just stayed the course with the PB, but needed to know that I had a trustworthy, reliable truck and could not wait to find out if it would ever be reliable.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Had to leave the truck at the church parking lot the first time and hitch a ride home, it was a Monday evening, about 8:30 PM, Ford Roadside Assistance said no one was available to come jump start the truck or tow it to a dealer, so was told to call back the next morning after 8:00. I tried jump starting the truck, did not do anything, had tried to get out of the truck, relock and re-enter with no luck. I had to hitch a ride back the next morning and it started so I drove home. I contacted the service manager at the dealer who had me bring it in. They did a software update, said I was good and sent me on my way.

Next time was 144 KM away from home. It was about 3 weeks later. This time I tried a few other options including using the Ford Pass to remote start the truck, which actually worked, so was able to drive straight home, do not pass go, do not collect $100 and do not stop to admire any rainbows as there was no guarantee you will get the truck started again.

Third time was the next day, Ford Pass again got the truck running.

The truck then went back to the dealer who had it for two months. They were instructed by Ford to not do any more testing on the truck until the potential fix that was coming mid to end of August. Mid august came and was informed by the service manager that the fix was not going to be available until Q4 so October to December.

Unlike you Snakebitten, I only have one vehicle, this one and it is both my work truck, which needs to be reliable so that I know I can get to and from service calls as needed and my personal truck.

We are in a remote area where cell service is really sketchy and I was really concerned that Ford Pass would work many of the places that the truck could SSN on me.

My lawyer had advised me that this issue could persist for a long time with no resolution, he had gone through a similar situation years earlier with another brand of vehicle. He advised me not to remove the truck from the dealers lot as long as it was not totally fixed and that I would be best forcing the truck back on the dealer. We have no Lemon Law in Canada, and that the arbitration process could be long and painful if I chose to go that route.

I did not trust the vehicle, especially with how much I was paying for it! Two months of payments for a truck that I could not drive! Dealer did supply a Pinto as a service loaner, OK it was a Bronco Sport, but I could not fit my tool kit into it for service calls, so was not really a fair trade.

It was not until later that I learned of the about the two step starting process.

No, I had no other issues with the truck. I liked the way the adaptive cruise control worked, and had to tweak the 2021 F150 5.0L to get a similar performance. I was getting really good mileage with the truck. Matter of fact on that 144 km trip back home after the second SSN, had over 44 km in electric mode of the 144 km.

I miss the 7.2K generator, the 2K generator in the truck I have now is anemic. It will start and run my mitre saw, but it is a slow struggled start.

What I do not miss is knowing if I can get the truck to start when I need to get somewhere.
That’s tough to be out there in the boonies and can’t even jump start the truck because it’s not that simple sometimes with the PB. I have to ask though, you can afford a lawyer but only one vehicle? I can’t square that in my head. I own 4 vehicles, but to have an attorney on retainer after 3 no starts?

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Finished reading and it’s all water under the bridge now. Good luck with the 5.0 😊

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That’s tough to be out there in the boonies and can’t even jump start the truck because it’s not that simple sometimes with the PB. I have to ask though, you can afford a lawyer but only one vehicle? I can’t square that in my head. I own 4 vehicles, but to have an attorney on retainer after 3 no starts?
Lawyer is a good friend, fortunately his bill is no where near what I would pay to a non friend and I do reciprocal deals for him. I can only drive one vehicle at a time, and am the only driver in the household, so not much use having multiple vehicles. Had a second car for awhile but it was never getting driven traded it in with less than 4000 KM after two years of making payments on it. I am a small business owner, in a business that is not known for profit margins, but I do it as I really enjoy what I do. My second vehicle is a Kubota MX5400 TLB, digs up a storm, great as a rough terrain Forklift, snow plow and backhoe, but at its top speed, would take at least an hour and a half, maybe two to get to town from my place and being open station, requires a thick coat in the winter. Ford does it in 15 minutes.
Sponsored