Sponsored

Where to see Battery Charge Level indicator?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Torque picked up the extended PIDs with all of the hybrid stuff, and possibly more.
Wow! Ok maybe the paid version has an option to request/scan for PIDs or something. I've only tried the free (lite) one.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Yeah, that may be the difference as I have pro/paid version. I bought it many, many years ago, so I don't even know how much it is anymore.

klpauba

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost 7.2kW
I, too, have the paid version and the HBATT PID was available in extended PID list.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
$5 for the pro version and it works right off the bat.

Now, I see that we can get the HV battery charge state, but I can't seem to get the other battery stats (like current, power, temp) like others showed in forscan. So we know they are available but they must have different PIDs than torque is expecting.

There is a different PID earlier in the list that gives the battery state of charge. But this section below has more stats that I want but they are grayed out. Is that the same for others using torque (without adding custom PIDs)?

Ford F-150 Where to see Battery Charge Level indicator? Screenshot_20220224-130019_Torque

I tried adding some grayed out ones in case I get lucky but no dice.

Ford F-150 Where to see Battery Charge Level indicator? Screenshot_20220224-130422_Torque

Sponsored

Je.Bedard

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost 2022
Occupation
Retired
John I just started forscan today. I only changed a few basics (that didn't require spreadsheet yet) like double honk, passenger seatbelt, and the missing Trip/Fuel cards for my Job1.

I did see a "battery gauge (enabled/disabled)" option that was currently disabled. Have you already tried that? I assume it does nothing or we'd all know about it.
Can you elaborate on the Trip/Fuel cards ? I can’t find any info on that. Thanks

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I think Ford's reasoning for not exposing this information is because they don't expect this truck to be treated like what most people consider a hybrid. It's "poweboost" so the hybrid is mean to help with normal engine operation with some hybrid like use. I can get the truck to run in only electric for long periods, but it takes a lot of babying (unless I'm cruising around 45). As I own the truck more, I have just reserved myself to using hybrid driving techniques (utilize regen braking as much as you can with coasting, etc), but that I don't expect to get a lot of "electric only" miles.

I still think it would be cool if they showed it, but I don't expect them to. I may find a cheap tablet and "mount" it in the truck with something like Torque to have an extended "dash" screen.

Je.Bedard

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost 2022
Occupation
Retired

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, i have it. I was thinking for it was a card where you can see the amount of fuel used on a current trip…
You can actually! Use Trip1/2 card and reset at the beginning. When done, take the miles and divide by the MPG, and you get gallons. I guess a math whiz could continually do this in their head throughout the trip to get cumulative gallons used.

Sponsored

Je.Bedard

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost 2022
Occupation
Retired
You can actually! Use Trip1/2 card and reset at the beginning. When done, take the miles and divide by the MPG, and you get gallons. I guess a math whiz could continually do this in their head throughout the trip to get cumulative gallons used.
That’s what I’m doing now. I am looking for a easiest way…

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
That’s what I’m doing now. I am looking for a easiest way…
Well I checked in Torque to see if the truck is sending that info for easy viewing and it doesn't seem to be. That code is grayed out, versus the other "trip" codes that are valid.

Ford F-150 Where to see Battery Charge Level indicator? Screenshot_20220527-105923_Torque
Ford F-150 Where to see Battery Charge Level indicator? Screenshot_20220527-110021_Torque