Sponsored

Where to see Battery Charge Level indicator?

DonF

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Hybrid F150
Occupation
Engineer
Has anybody found a place to see what the charge level is of the hybrid batteries ? Seems crazy that we can't see how much charge is left, or electric range, etc.
Thanks
Sponsored

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
Has anybody found a place to see what the charge level is of the hybrid batteries ? Seems crazy that we can't see how much charge is left, or electric range, etc.
Thanks
I’ve wondered the same! Can’t find it anywhere.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Only place to get that info I've seen so far is with Forscan

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
@John_C was able to do it with Forscan but that won't help anyone while they drive.

The closest thing we have is the EV Coach screen, the blue bar while electric driving will shrink as it depletes and the engine kicks on into Hybrid mode.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
@John_C was able to do it with Forscan but that won't help anyone while they drive.

The closest thing we have is the EV Coach screen, the blue bar while electric driving will shrink as it depletes and the engine kicks on into Hybrid mode.
I suppose somebody could buy a Bluetooth elm327 module and pull this data up on their phone while they drive, but I don't see the reason other than curiosity.
Ford F-150 Where to see Battery Charge Level indicator? 20210412_183917

Sponsored

OP
OP
DonF

DonF

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

That is all I could fine too, but it does not indicate remaining charge, etc.

OP
OP
DonF

DonF

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I suppose somebody could buy a Bluetooth elm327 module and pull this data up on their phone while they drive, but I don't see the reason other than curiosity.
20210412_183917.jpg
Thanks

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5
Is there a better answer for this yet?

Because on page 517 the manual says

"
Hybrid Battery Systems
We recommend the following actions for
your vehicle:
• When storing your vehicle for greater
than 30 days the state of charge
should be approximately 50%."

So, clearly, the manual (2022) assumes you can tell the state of charge of the hybrid battery. But, how?

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is there a better answer for this yet?

Because on page 517 the manual says

"
Hybrid Battery Systems
We recommend the following actions for
your vehicle:
• When storing your vehicle for greater
than 30 days the state of charge
should be approximately 50%."

So, clearly, the manual (2022) assumes you can tell the state of charge of the hybrid battery. But, how?
I saw that, too. Interesting that it specifies a charge percentage with no way to check current state of charge (without forscan, scan tools, etc). Probably a Ford oversight, or maybe we'll see the addition of a battery charge gauge in the cluster/infotainment screen in the future. Hopefully they won't include that feature in an OTA update, otherwise we'll never see it... Sorry, still salty that us early birds got the shaft on our job 1 trucks.

Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I feel like Ford really left a lot on the table, regarding metrics. I'm BIG into seeing all my temps and pressures, and in this case voltages and amps. I have literally HUNDREDS of metrics I can monitor on my work equipment.

The one that bothers me the most is the "customizable" gauge cluster where the are only two slots and only three available gauges. So I run with boost and trans temp. Just give me another gauge. And the fact that I have to use ForScan to see the actual temps...

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
More than enough room to add battery statistics to this screen. It'd be cool to see SOG, battery temp, current draw/supply, voltage, etc.
20220209_121716.jpg
Never thought about just how much room is on that screen that isn't used. Hopefully they can do something with it. What has always bugged me is all the blank space above the EV coach on the center console (at least in XLT and above trims.). Seems like that would be a perfect place to combine the This Trip with the EV coach. It's two screens I wish I could see at the same time. Either way, Ford has a lot more they could do with the EV system on this truck as far as giving the drivers more information or options. Its a great system as it is, but knowing more about it would be neat.

klpauba

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost 7.2kW
I used the Torque application on my android phone to read Hybrid Battery % and have seen a low of 42% (when the ICE kicks in on level roads) and 70% (when coasting down a mountain grade).

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
More than enough room to add battery statistics to this screen. It'd be cool to see SOG, battery temp, current draw/supply, voltage, etc.
20220209_121716.jpg
John I just started forscan today. I only changed a few basics (that didn't require spreadsheet yet) like double honk, passenger seatbelt, and the missing Trip/Fuel cards for my Job1.

I did see a "battery gauge (enabled/disabled)" option that was currently disabled. Have you already tried that? I assume it does nothing or we'd all know about it.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
John I just started forscan today. I only changed a few basics (that didn't require spreadsheet yet) like double honk, passenger seatbelt, and the missing Trip/Fuel cards for my Job1.

I did see a "battery gauge (enabled/disabled)" option that was currently disabled. Have you already tried that? I assume it does nothing or we'd all know about it.
I may have, but I don't remember. At first, I went nuts in forscan and enabled everything that looked interesting (dumb/ballsy but why not), and I didn't have much luck there. I can try it out tomorrow if you'd like. My APIM is set for replacement as soon as the part is in, so I guess it's not a huge deal if it bricks (as long as Ford doesn't do any forensics on it). Lol
Sponsored