Sponsored

Whats the max boost your eco goes Shows 20 max but only goes to 10?

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
I think the most I’ve seen my 2.7 EcoBoost climb to is a bit past the 10 mark in the center, so perhaps 12.

This isn’t our first EcoBoost, but it’s our first with a boost gauge, and honestly at least on my 2.7 it actually doesn’t go into boost anywhere near as often as I expected. Aside from the occasional boost blip the engine seems to decide on while at speed it really only goes into boost under acceleration, and it’s not difficult to keep it out of boost.
Sponsored

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Tuned 2020 would go a little over 19psi and taper down from there.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Powerboost here. Depends on the weather. I saw it peg 20psi a time or two in the summer humid air. Now that it’s cooler, I may peak at 17 or 18 on the gauge and then settle in between 13-15 sustained. Running 93 octane
Depends on your dash, but on mine you open the menu to configure gauges, and I swapped the transmission temp to turbo boost.
@Oxford_Powerboost, are you using an app or the configurable IP gauge estimating number, or is it giving you the number with Forescan IPC set to show?

@HSV_MIkeJ, do you see best number on the right configurable of you have IPC set to show values?

I replaced my oil pressure gage with boost and no numbers, thought I’d read it doesn’t, but occurs to me oil pressure never did but it died on the trans temp on the right.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
@Oxford_Powerboost, are you using an app or the configurable IP gauge estimating number, or is it giving you the number with Forescan IPC set to show?

@HSV_MIkeJ, do you see best number on the right configurable of you have IPC set to show values?

I replaced my oil pressure gage with boost and no numbers, thought I’d read it doesn’t, but occurs to me oil pressure never did but it died on the trans temp on the right.
No numbers on mine, I thought I read somewhere that you could add the numbers to the gauges with the FORSCAN software.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
No numbers on mine, I thought I read somewhere that you could add the numbers to the gauges with the FORSCAN software.
I do have my numbers set on via Forescan, but the boost number doesn’t show it (currently on the left). Doesn’t sound like you’ve set them on to know if having it on the right makes a difference. I’ll switch it next time I drive it to see, was thinking someone might already know.
If its the gauge vs side its added to, then folks must be guesstimating the psi numbers unless they the are using a seperate app reading the obd port.

Last edited:

Sponsored

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
Not totally relevant... But My tuned 15' 3.5 would push 19-20psi custom tuned for ethanol.. that was read through my SCT X4...

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Def run premium fuel

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I feel like I see around 19psi on my stock struck.
Sponsored

Last edited: