First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 XLT
Occupation
Mason
I don’t know if this will help but I saw this on YouTube while searching for where exactly to get illumination to the upfitter switches which NO BODY CAN TELL ME 😩😩 where exactly to tap into at the console or the footwell panel or even the engine compartment fuse box 🤦‍♂️ if anyone can help me out please 🙏🙏🙏🙏 let me know. SORRY for rambling on So I came across this video and I’ve seen some f150’s with this Battery box tray that had the bracket built into it already and I saw your trying to figure out where exactly to mount it with out the bracket. Is it possible your truck has the bracket already mounted to it 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully this is the answer you’re looking for. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO GET ILLUMINATION TO UPFITTER SWITCHES FOR A 2023 F150 XLT PLEASE 🙏 LET ME KNOW

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation 3176CDB4-6E26-4B36-B27B-6806E1FED1D5

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation C3E03C52-F674-4E8C-9229-66C0E671C7D6

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I don’t know if this will help but I saw this on YouTube while searching for where exactly to get illumination to the upfitter switches which NO BODY CAN TELL ME 😩😩 where exactly to tap into at the console or the footwell panel or even the engine compartment fuse box 🤦‍♂️ if anyone can help me out please 🙏🙏🙏🙏 let me know. SORRY for rambling on So I came across this video and I’ve seen some f150’s with this Battery box tray that had the bracket built into it already and I saw your trying to figure out where exactly to mount it with out the bracket. Is it possible your truck has the bracket already mounted to it 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully this is the answer you’re looking for. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO GET ILLUMINATION TO UPFITTER SWITCHES FOR A 2023 F150 XLT PLEASE 🙏 LET ME KNOW

3176CDB4-6E26-4B36-B27B-6806E1FED1D5.png

C3E03C52-F674-4E8C-9229-66C0E671C7D6.png
That box is the relay box. However so far only 1 person I know of has taken on this modification and got it wired up as close to factory as possible. From the harness discussed in this thread there is an sccm harness that somehow taps into the backlighting. We will know more once the instructions are posted on how to make this modification complete.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@NoReins and @Brandanr96 anything for either of you yet?
No sir. We will see if he starts to ship tomorrow.

Was browsing his site this evening to see if he had an install guide couldn't find it but didn't really look that hard. The harness is listed as sold out but now it's $725. I think it was like low 600 after his initial "pre-order" price

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
No sir. We will see if he starts to ship tomorrow.

Was browsing his site this evening to see if he had an install guide couldn't find it but didn't really look that hard. The harness is listed as sold out but now it's $725. I think it was like low 600 after his initial "pre-order" price
It was $625 after the pre-order. I also looked no install guide. He said he would email it after reopening the website.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum

3176CDB4-6E26-4B36-B27B-6806E1FED1D5.png

C3E03C52-F674-4E8C-9229-66C0E671C7D6.png
I am trying to find the easiest way to tap that wire myself. Some people pick it up in the overhead console and others have tapped into the wire coming off the BCM in the passenger foot well. It a violet wire with a gray tracer. Hopefully when the directions get posted he has an easier place to tap into it otherwise I will probably just pick it up at the BCM.

JMoney17$

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PowerBoost
Still no instruction available. He said they would be available and yet again has failed to follow through. Kind of frustrating.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Still no instruction available. He said they would be available and yet again has failed to follow through. Kind of frustrating.
Hopefully this comes soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just got the email with a tracking number...will see if there is movement tomorrow
Good! I’m glad he’s holding to a deadline now. Now we just need instructions because even he said the wiring takes multiple routes.

I’m mainly confused about the backlight harness that has to go towards the SCCM. I was thinking this wiring would go from headliner to the passenger side firewall but that may not be the case. Also a fresh set of eyes as to where the relay box gets mounted would be helpful!

Brandanr96

First Name
Brandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 Xlt black appearance
Occupation
Nurse
Just got notice that my order has shipped. Awaiting pickup from UPS

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are the directions clear as to where to get illumination power and where to mount the relay/fuse box?
Yes there’s photos and everything. It’s 25 pages total. He gets illumination from the SCCM somehow. There’s a whole harness for it.
Sponsored