Sponsored

Upfitter Switch installation

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does anyone know if it will be possible to add the factory Upfitter switches to trucks that didn’t come with them? I didn’t know the Tremors came with them, thought it was just a Raptor thing.

A lot of people recommended Boosted grey goose for the previous Gen but the website is pretty terrible and nothing past 2020 models. Im not even sure if the parts are listed separately. Has anyone seen this done before? I’d love to add some other lighting but I’m also the type if I can’t get factory look on switches it becomes a very low priority.

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation 1ADF6C9C-E9E3-4520-9A3B-462F2E2A6DCF
Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Does anyone know if it will be possible to add the factory Upfitter switches to trucks that didn’t come with them? I didn’t know the Tremors came with them, thought it was just a Raptor thing.

A lot of people recommended Boosted grey goose for the previous Gen but the website is pretty terrible and nothing past 2020 models. Im not even sure if the parts are listed separately. Has anyone seen this done before? I’d love to add some other lighting but I’m also the type if I can’t get factory look on switches it becomes a very low priority.

1ADF6C9C-E9E3-4520-9A3B-462F2E2A6DCF.jpeg
i could imagine ordering them switches from any Ford dealership no?

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
i could imagine ordering them switches from any Ford dealership no?
Not seeming to be the easiest part number to source. If my experience with dealers parts department say anything, they won’t know the part number either. Coupled with a “it can’t be done”.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Use the VIN from an upfitter switch tremor for the parts and possibly the harness too.

The upfitter switches are available on base Broncos and the base Super Duty for a nominal cost and it’s absolute bullshit that Ford decided to hamstring all the other trims and use what should be a $125 option as a carrot on a stick along with the Torsen front diff. and Hi-lock transfer case for what is otherwise an overpriced sticker package.

If anything XL trucks would see more utility from the upfitter switches than Tremor as service vehicles and sign trucks. Does anyone know if they are an available option for fleet vehicles?

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Use the VIN from an upfitter switch tremor for the parts and possibly the harness too.

The upfitter switches are available on base Broncos and the base Super Duty for a nominal cost and it’s absolute bullshit that Ford decided to hamstring all the other trims and use what should be a $125 option as a carrot on a stick along with the Torsen front diff. and Hi-lock transfer case for what is otherwise an overpriced sticker package.

If anything XL trucks would see more utility from the upfitter switches than Tremor as service vehicles and sign trucks. Does anyone know if they are an available option for fleet vehicles?
I dont know about others but usually I go to ford parts that I buy from (for me Lakeland) and search the pieces there. I have a tough time narowing down what category its in but cant tell if the part I found is the one with the switches.

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I'm sure they will be crazy expensive from the dealer. I've seen takeoffs on eBay for about $600. And that's just the switches, not the harness (looks like $275 for the 2015-2020 one), or the relay box in the engine bay.

BGG is on the forum here, but I can't remember his handle.

I love and prefer OEM for proper fit and blending, but I will probably go with an aftermarket solution if the price never comes down.

There is a guy on f150forum that adds aftermarket buttons in a custom bezel to the upper console. I dislike the look, but it's another option.

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
I ordered a Tremor overhead console. This was from a base model 400A Tremor so it's basically an XL overhead console with switches since my truck won't have a rear sliding window. I'll list a couple versions of the part numbers for it. If you need an overhead console with the rear window slider switch you'll have to pull that from a vin of a higher model Tremor (402A). Also keep in mind that it only comes in Onxy Black so if you don't have a dark interior it will stand out. I'm in the process of having mine painted. When I get it back I'll post it on here.

Tremor 400A Standard Vin #: 1FTEW1E8XNFA47629

Overhead Console Part #: ML3Z-18519A70-EBA or ML3Z-18519A70-EAA

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation 2022 Tremor 400A Overhead Console

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I ordered a Tremor overhead console. This was from a base model 400A Tremor so it's basically an XL overhead console with switches since my truck won't have a rear sliding window. I'll list a couple versions of the part numbers for it. If you need an overhead console with the rear window slider switch you'll have to pull that from a vin of a higher model Tremor (402A). Also keep in mind that it only comes in Onxy Black so if you don't have a dark interior it will stand out. I'm in the process of having mine painted. When I get it back I'll post it on here.

Tremor 400A Standard Vin #: 1FTEW1E8XNFA47629

Overhead Console Part #: ML3Z-18519A70-EBA or ML3Z-18519A70-EAA

2022 Tremor 400A Overhead Console.jpg
Thank you for doing the hard work! How much did this run you? I have the rear slider and the panoramic roof so I’d need to find a Tremor with that.

Now what about the wires? Quite frankly I’d love to just have the switches right now to toggle like a spaceship because yes I am a child.

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
Has anyone figured out yet if the harness for the overhead console includes those wires or if it will all need to be added?

The benefit of factory pre-wired stuff like on the Tremors and super duty is the inclusion of 20-40A relays for higher power items like BIG lights or winches, plus the pigtails coming out under the hood already, so no need to poke more holes or figure out how to snake stuff through the dash/firewall.

I did my last 2 Super duty trucks in my driveway with a few wire taps and 30 minutes.

That being said, I'm 100% doing this! My HDPP beast mode truck will definitely need more lighting

Last edited:

Sponsored

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
Yes the wires for the harness.

On my Super duty, the wires with plug for the switches were already there, even though the truck didn't have switches installed or ordered.

So all I had to do was plug in the switches, and then make the connections under the hood for the lights.

Edited to add: that's most likely wishful thinking, it seems like everything needs an adapter now.

Fire105

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
Occupation
DPW / fire fighter
Just before I spend that money need to find out if the harness is there and if you need to find part number for the power block. Like you my superduty did not come with it just had to switch the trim plug the power block and it was set to go. I guess I’ll have poke around if my truck ever gets here it’s built but sitting waiting for a chip

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m doubting the wires will be there and just needs the switches installed. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. A gentleman on Facebook just installed his today and I saw his post. Here is the part he installed with the sunroof and power rear slider console.

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation 5414E65D-7BFF-463E-A082-4DF925AE8783

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation 8A1AFA3F-04DE-46BD-9028-49BD37942E56

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
Has anyone done this besides the one guy on FB? I'm looking for the actual part numbers. The number above does not come up on Tasca.
Sponsored