Transmission shudder

mryan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platnium, 2019 Audi A7
OTA or a visit to the dealer and is it for Canada and the US?
any info is encouraging
Thanks
Sponsored

Waterfowler

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Crew Cab Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Telecom
Good Afternoon everyone- a lot of you guys have reposted or replied to my posts over the past few months (thank you).

I received a call from the lady handling my Lemon Law case at Ford this morning. The software that was scheduled for release in Mid May and again this past Monday was released last night. I was instructed to call my dealer and schedule the update. Spoke with the Service Manager at local dealer this morning and he was updated by our local field engineer this morning as well. He is double checking to make sure it is something their shop can handle without field engineer support. The moment my truck is updated and I test drive I’ll let everyone know.

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
any info is encouraging
Thanks
PCM will be FDRS.

I cant say this is a fix for everyone but I have heard that it is a vast improvement.

I know each situation is different but its always worth an update to see if it fixes it

Waterfowler

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
any info is encouraging
Thanks
Not sure if for Canada but not an OTA update- they were hoping for OTA but looks like trip to the dealer

Dnpbakon

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150 leadfoot
Occupation
Retired Military
PCM will be FDRS.

I cant say this is a fix for everyone but I have heard that it is a vast improvement.

I know each situation is different but its always worth an update to see if it fixes it
Is this update strictly to improve the transmission vibration under load or is it to help with the idle shudder people are people at a complete stop?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is this update strictly to improve the transmission vibration under load or is it to help with the idle shudder people are people at a complete stop?
I dont know exactly. I am going off reports from people. So this just came out this week.. All I can suggest is to get it done and see what affect it has for you.

If you send me your vin I can confirm the update is available for your truck. Ford has no release notes or anything pertaining to the update.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I’ve updated the PCM twice since December. The first was to correct a harsh 1-3 upshift. The second was to correct a shudder I experienced primarily when I transitioned from flat to a slight uphill grade that was more severe if I was towing. Both issues are pretty much gone now.

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
I dont know exactly. I am going off reports from people. So this just came out this week.. All I can suggest is to get it done and see what affect it has for you.

If you send me your vin I can confirm the update is available for your truck. Ford has no release notes or anything pertaining to the update.
Jesse I just shot you over my VIN. If you have a moment to look up my truck to see if that update is available for my truck I'd greatly appreciate it

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I hope this finally fixes our issue.

I did install a Roush cold air intake and I'm either getting too used to the shudder or it actually helped a bit. Its still there just not as noticeable all the time and when it does happen it's not as bad.

Anyone else with the shudder install a cold air intake?

bam2880

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Do you guys have a tsb or ssm number?

Sponsored

Jdc4216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
Experienced intense engine/transmission shudder several times over the last few weeks, finally got so bad I would have to pull over, turn the truck off and on again in a few minutes. Has happened anywhere from 10mph up to 75mph...truck was vibrating so bad that when I was taking a video on my phone you could hear it in my voice (like taking into a fan). Check engine light appeared and was flashing for several minutes, the Ford app dinged and told me the engine detected a misfire. Finally got an appointment with the dealer. Been there for a week and Ford called today saying they replaced the “Turbo Tube” to remedy. Picking up tomorrow so we’ll see how it goes. ‘21 F150 KR Powerboost with 9k miles.
Just had this happen to my 2022 with 3.5 ecoboost. At dealer now waiting to see what they find

Waterfowler

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
Heard back from dealer today-the update is an all day update (approximately 6 hours is what I was told??) . Dropping my truck off Monday morning before work. Hopefully will have an update late Monday or Tuesday

PReam

First Name
Putnam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just had this happen to my 2022 with 3.5 ecoboost. At dealer now waiting to see what they find
Update: dealer “fix” didn’t do anything. Continued shudder right off the dealer lot - waiting for an appt to return truck to service again.
Sponsored