First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Yes, There is a big problem, and no its not normal. They think we are idiots. I recently went on a road trip and had to lock out 9th and 10th to have be able to tolerate the drive. If I didn't, the shutter was so bad it felt like the truck was going to blow up. Its totally ridiculous. I've had Ford's all my life and never had an issue like this. The dealer just tinkers with programming and shoves it back. I guess I'll either have to sell it, trade it, or contact a lemon Law Attorney. The Ford rep that contacts us on here does absolutely nothing. I haven't heard from anyone.
Sponsored

GHF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4X4 SuperCab 2.7L Ecoboost
I have the same problem and been to the dealer 6 times. They have replaced the transmission and PCM to no avail. Finally after they replaced the PCM the Ford engineer said this is normal for this truck. I can say with 100% certainty that this is not normal for any vehicle. It looks like Ford is not wanting to open the door for buybacks and lemon law claims. Sad very sad and by the way it is a waste of time to give the supposedly Ford Co. member any information. They are on another forum and they don't do anything on that site either. My previous vehicles were Toyota and no problems. This time wanted to buy a full size truck for towing so I went with Ford. I wanted to buy an American branded vehicle and the Ford dealer is close by. Guess I was way wrong and now stuck with a lemon. My guess is there is going to be joint lawsuits against Ford coming soon. It would be a lot cheaper for Ford to be honest and forthright instead of going down the wrong road.
The shudder problem has just become noticeable in my vehicle at ~ 400 miles. I noticed it after driving the truck home from the dealer after its recent seven-day stay for an unrelated electronic issue. (A corroded antenna was the problem.)

I have not yet scheduled an appointment for this problem as I want to document it well, i.e., the rpms, speed, gear, etc., prior to taking it in. Finding all these posts on the topic here and elsewhere is truly disheartening.

We traded a low mileage, no problem Toyota for an American truck to tow a slightly larger travel trailer. This F150 truck, with this engine and differential, on paper, was the perfect vehicle for the task. The Ford dealer was close so we went, test drove it and, a day later purchased it.

On one of my visits to the dealership for the electronic problem I met the service manager who, to his credit, sat in the cab and tried to resolve the electronic problem. When he couldn't we set up an appointment. During that process he showed me the daily work flow/load that his 'electronic' technicians were assigned. I was surprised to see the number of problems these people were assigned - weeks and weeks of work. Upon reflection and after reading these forums, my impression is that Ford has, for the 2021 model year, manufactured vehicles that contain a number of unresolved electronic issues and now, obviously mechanical ones too.

I hope that a fix for the shudder problem is soon found.

Jdc4216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
2022 3.5 eb just turned 2000 miles. Trans shudder seems to be getting worse. Hard clunky downshifts especially 5-3 and 10-9. Haven’t seen it go into 2nd gear yet. First f150, have previously had f250s without any complaints. Wish I had come across this forum before I bought this truck

OP
OP

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
2022 3.5 eb just turned 2000 miles. Trans shudder seems to be getting worse. Hard clunky downshifts especially 5-3 and 10-9. Haven’t seen it go into 2nd gear yet. First f150, have previously had f250s without any complaints. Wish I had come across this forum before I bought this truck
So I guess that answers my question on whether they fixed the problem with the 22’s! There is a service bulletin for the 21’s for the skipping second and rough shifts but the shutter issue still is unresolved to my knowledge. I too regret letting go of my F250 for this thing.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I have the same problem and been to the dealer 6 times. They have replaced the transmission and PCM to no avail. Finally after they replaced the PCM the Ford engineer said this is normal for this truck. I can say with 100% certainty that this is not normal for any vehicle. It looks like Ford is not wanting to open the door for buybacks and lemon law claims. Sad very sad and by the way it is a waste of time to give the supposedly Ford Co. member any information. They are on another forum and they don't do anything on that site either. My previous vehicles were Toyota and no problems. This time wanted to buy a full size truck for towing so I went with Ford. I wanted to buy an American branded vehicle and the Ford dealer is close by. Guess I was way wrong and now stuck with a lemon. My guess is there is going to be joint lawsuits against Ford coming soon. It would be a lot cheaper for Ford to be honest and forthright instead of going down the wrong road.
Yep. I am done with mine. I called them today and told them to start the buyback paperwork. And you are right. The Official Ford Motor account here who reaches out and makes you think they are concerned are not. Just lip service. I was given a case number as well as a contact. They did absolutely nothing. My truck was at the dealer, I notified them as they asked, and nothing. The whole thing is a joke.

Sponsored

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
Yep. I am done with mine. I called them today and told them to start the buyback paperwork. And you are right. The Official Ford Motor account here who reaches out and makes you think they are concerned are not. Just lip service. I was given a case number as well as a contact. They did absolutely nothing. My truck was at the dealer, I notified them as they asked, and nothing. The whole thing is a joke.
How do you start a buyback process and what documentations do you need?

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
How do you start a buyback process and what documentations do you need?
I recommend contacting a local lemon law lawyer in your state.
Dealing with Ford is a pain.

In my state it cost nothing out of pocket win or lose if you go through a lawyer.

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
I recommend contacting a local lemon law lawyer in your state.
Dealing with Ford is a pain.

In my state it cost nothing out of pocket win or lose if you go through a lawyer.
Okay, thanks. I am in Canada, so if I decide to go this route, I will have to look at he provincial guideline.

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Beginning of the month I called my service advisor to make an appointment for my 21' Powerboost 10,000 mile oil change and asked if I could get my trans flashed due to some clumsy shifting and was told that their transmission guys were gone for 2 week training. I made an appointment for when they returned. This past friday I took it in for oil change and was told that ford knows of this problem and that there working on a newer flash update or fix and that she would contact me when available. I actually have a good advisor and only use this dealership cause they due take care of my issues. Hope something gets done soon.

Rjc2022

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Same, dude! Sucks. I’m about to go trade this thing in with 2900 miles on it.
Sponsored