First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
That particular one in the picture is for the platinum model. He said they are still working on it because they’re having quality issues with the stampings but they’re pretty much 90% there.
If thats correct that will keep me interested in future Platinums. Ironically I just posted something similar above:
Ford F-150 The new tailgate 1697747220591

Are the letters on the hood stuck with an adhesive or placed with punched holes and clips? Those letters will come off on day one, if they are adhesive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
If thats correct that will keep me interested in future Platinums. Ironically I just posted something similar above:
1697747220591.png

Are the letters on the hood stuck with an adhesive or placed with punched holes and clips? Those letters will come off on day one, if they are adhesive.
I’m not saying they’re only making these doors for platinums, just that this particular one is for a platinum. It would be very uncool if you couldn’t get them on lower models but either way they’re definitely gonna put a nice dent on the wallet.

They basically stole the ram concept but kinda shittier. Would’ve been sweet if they were like barn doors on a trailer right down the middle but that would kind of defeat the purpose for the folks pulling trailers.

I actually thought about getting a ram for that door and the side boxes but everyone I know with a ram has had an engine or tranny replacement on their new trucks some as early as 10k km’s🙃

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I’m not saying they’re only making these doors for platinums, just that this particular one is for a platinum. It would be very uncool if you couldn’t get them on lower models but either way they’re definitely gonna put a nice dent on the wallet.

They basically stole the ram concept but kinda shittier. Would’ve been sweet if they were like barn doors on a trailer right down the middle but that would kind of defeat the purpose for the folks pulling trailers.

I actually thought about getting a ram for that door and the side boxes but everyone I know with a ram has had an engine or tranny replacement on their new trucks some as early as 10k km’s🙃
Ahhhh I thought the COLOR was for the Platinum. As for the Ram-like tailgate maybe there is a patent that doesnt allow Ford or others to mimic that design too closely.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Any half competent fork lift driver can set a pallet down without having to 'drag it over the tailgate', especially for something being loaded into an F150. This is very basic beginner level skills.
So what is the benefit of this exactly? Grocery bags?

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
It's definitely a no go for me, who uses his PB for towing purposes. That tailgate will eat precious cargo capacity,

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
It's definitely a no go for me, who uses his PB for towing purposes. That tailgate will eat precious cargo capacity,
Plus, how else would I get my workout in? Pulling out my tailgate step, raising the helper bar, and climbing up there to the ooohs and aaaahs of admirers is the best part of owning this dang truck!

SEPA F150

First Name
Shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Raptor
see, thats the other thing i thought about. if these ONLY come on fancy schmancy higher up trims, then that'll mean there wont be a huge surplus of these on the used market. not only that, very unlikely to even be affordable. i can not even fathom what one of these would cost through a dealer! my hope is finding someone with one who hates and has the same color F150 as mine that'll want to do a straight up swap 🤪
Unfortunately you won't be able to just swap. There are software lockouts that prevent the mud section from swing open downward when the tailgate opened flat. You can't open the tailgate the tradition way unless the mid section is latched. More than just a simple swap.

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Any half competent fork lift driver can set a pallet down without having to 'drag it over the tailgate', especially for something being loaded into an F150. This is very basic beginner level skills.
That's the key though! Most places around here they do good not to hit anything in the warehouse.
Sponsored