Terrible ride quality on lariat with max tow

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My 5.0 302A SCrew with max tow also rides great. Don't know about the aftermarket shocks, mine has stock 20" rims with the Pirelli Scorpion tires at 37 psi.
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I traded my 2020 F250 for this 2021 F150 with the goal of easier parking in the city and a smoother ride… couldn’t be more disappointed. My F150 rides super rough, gas peddle vibrates and the steering wheel feels loose. I added the fox 2.0 leveling kit and new tires hoping that would fix the issue and it did not. Is this normal? Any suggestions on what could be causing these issues?
I had the same issue and tons of other issues with the vehicle. Couldn't stand it anymore and traded it. I know another guy who did the same.

Coffee Addict

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Platinum
This was my goal as well but even my wife complains about the ride quality in this f150. I’m thinking there must be something wrong with my 150.
I am wondering if Max Tow without a load makes the ride a lot more sensitive to tire pressure. What tire pressure are you running? Seems like there is definitely something else wrong with the vibrations, but this could be part of the story.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I am wondering if Max Tow without a load makes the ride a lot more sensitive to tire pressure. What tire pressure are you running? Seems like there is definitely something else wrong with the vibrations, but this could be part of the story.
What tire size also might play a part

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
My Lariat max tow has an awesome ride even after 10 ply 34" tires, leveling kit and RAS. It's not too soft and floaty like alot of guys on here have mentioned. Nice, firm, planted smooth ride.

Sponsored

True North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-125 Ford One Gallon Flush Toilet
I had the same issue and tons of other issues with the vehicle. Couldn't stand it anymore and traded it. I know another guy who did the same.
Don`t blame ya on trading but just curious, what did you trade for?

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I’m with you.
OP says he got new tires so if he’s got LT’s @ 80psi with no load, it’s gonna be a nasty ride.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have a 3.5 eco Lariat crew cab 6.5 foot bed Max Tow fx4 with the 20 inch wheels and I changed the tires to same size 275 / 60 / 20 Continentals. 35psi FR/ 32 psi Rear
I freaking love the ride!
It blows away the wife's SUV!

Ford F-150 Terrible ride quality on lariat with max tow 20210421_223139

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

JustWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’ve also talked to a handful of others with similar issues. I took my 150 to the dealer this weekend and test drove another max tow while I was waiting for them to diagnose mine. No vibration/rough ride on the one I test drove. Of course they came back and said mine was “within spec”… I’m going to trade it for a super duty.

wafflesarefun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I traded my 2020 F250 for this 2021 F150 with the goal of easier parking in the city and a smoother ride… couldn’t be more disappointed. My F150 rides super rough, gas peddle vibrates and the steering wheel feels loose. I added the fox 2.0 leveling kit and new tires hoping that would fix the issue and it did not. Is this normal? Any suggestions on what could be causing these issues?
i test drove the 2021 f150 fx4 and passed on it due to how different a truck rides over a suv/car (this is my first truck). though i wanted it bad enough such that i ordered a 2021 f150 without fx4 and WITH CCD in hopes that this would remove the ridiculous float after hitting a bump. i don't think this is going to help all that much, but i have hopes...

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have a brand new 2021 lariat 3.5 eco Fx4 and have experienced all these issues. Rough ride, vibration in the pedal, my tires are even wearing poorly and only have 6,000mi on the truck. Traded in my 2019 for the same issue. Frustrating to hear others say this is the smoothest ride ever when I feel like my truck is gonna fall apart!!

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Picked up my Lariat PB with 18" wheels and MaxTow in Granger IA and immediately drove it 1400 miles back home to Prescott. Two days of driving were in wet, blowy (occasionally typhoon-like) weather, the third one a gorgeous New MexicoArizona day at 80 mph. I found the ride to generally be excellent, and far better than the lousy highways and interstates we are suffering with these days. Certainly no pedal/steering wheel shaking or vibration. A side note: Lane Centering was amazing, seeing lane lines far better than I could in the tough weather conditions. That capability along with adaptive cruise and SiriusXM made the trip a joy. 21 mpg average.

Jack

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
I run 37 PSI cold, all around (hand-held digital tire gauge), which reads 41/front & 39/rear on the dash gauge once they've warmed up. Yes, this truck is bouncy when unloaded, but it's still smoother than my Jeep Grand Cherokee (which has aftermarket suspension parts and oversized tires).
Sponsored