First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
Just to give you guys an idea of how it runs and how weak it is.

After trying to spin them, I floored it on wet pavement and the tires still didn’t even think about spinning. I’ll do a video of the 0-60 maybe tomorrow.
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I would recommend having a tank of
Premium pump gas rams through and topped off with more before your test, I’m assuming your lack luster feel comes from using cheap regular fuel, which in mine makes a noticeable different in pull especially higher in the rev range, with that said, boosted engines don’t need to rev out to pull well on accelerating, yet I believe you need to drive your truck in all modes from time to time for the ECU to get data, on how you drive and I feel it allows your truck to adapt and drive smoother, hence if you rarely drive it hard with good fuel you aren’t feeling tue true nature of your truck and what’s it’s capable of doing, my take which could be bias since my boosted LS3 would smoke this, but that’s a purpose built engine🏁✅🇺🇸
You have a turbocharged LS3 in a truck?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I can't tell from your video, but do you have the boost gauge enabled in the cluster? Of not, turn it on and make sure you're getting boost.

You aren't in Sport mode, which will make a difference. Was the orange light in the bottom left traction control or 4A/4H? I also don't think you can fully turn off traction control, and your video almost looked like throttle being held back due to wheel spin.

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
I can't tell from your video, but do you have the boost gauge enabled in the cluster? Of not, turn it on and make sure you're getting boost.

You aren't in Sport mode, which will make a difference. Was the orange light in the bottom left traction control or 4A/4H? I also don't think you can fully turn off traction control, and your video almost looked like throttle being held back due to wheel spin.
That was just quick in the parking lot of work which was empty. There was absolutely zero wheel spin with the traction control off and the boost gauge is enabled. I’ll done in sport mode tomorrow but it won’t matter. It’s slow as hell. You’ll see

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
If the boost gauge is enabled, are you ever seeing any boost? It didn't look like you ever got boost in your video, and if that's the case, that's why it feels so slow.

Sponsored

FordFan2022

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 screw 5.0 stx 4x4
Dont have a powerboost, just a 5.0 stx but from what ive read and heard the powerboost is a beast. Just something to think aboit but you dont by chance have a "mykey" set up do you? From what i gather if that is set up it kinda cuts power or limits the speed or somethin along those lines. Like i say just giving something to think about. Hopefully you get it figured out.

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
If the boost gauge is enabled, are you ever seeing any boost? It didn't look like you ever got boost in your video, and if that's the case, that's why it feels so slow.
It boosts but not until I try the straight line part near the end. I don’t see boost until prob 3 seconds into accelerating. I’m wondering it that’s my issue. Maybe my BOV is open too long or maybe a turbo isn’t working quite right. I don’t know. I just know it’s supposed to be faster than it is

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
Dont have a powerboost, just a 5.0 stx but from what ive read and heard the powerboost is a beast. Just something to think aboit but you dont by chance have a "mykey" set up do you? From what i gather if that is set up it kinda cuts power or limits the speed or somethin along those lines. Like i say just giving something to think about. Hopefully you get it figured out.
I have a my key set up, but it’s my kid’s key. Mine is is a master or admin or whatever they call it

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems

1Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Fx4
Any update on this, what was the problem?

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Any update on this, what was the problem?
Curious about an update as well -- the 'look here' vid was filmed with a potato so not much to take in from it. Give a proper screen orientation of a sport mode 2wd turbo spooling launch.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Give a proper screen orientation of a sport mode 2wd turbo spooling launch.
I'm no expert and this is likely off topic, but with the PB I just don't see much benefit in power braking except to get just above idle, say 1500rpm. The instant torque from the traction motor launches the vehicle pretty well. The boost comes fast and stays high until you hit the limiter at 106mph.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm no expert and this is likely off topic, but with the PB I just don't see much benefit in power braking except to get just above idle, say 1500rpm. The instant torque from the traction motor launches the vehicle pretty well. The boost comes fast and stays high until you hit the limiter at 106mph.
You can't launch the PB w/ out a power brake. Not only is the engine not on, the turbo isn't moving at all. Just needs 2 seconds ;)

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
True. Once you lift your foot off the brake the engine starts, but if you stomp it then you just light the tires up lol. Power braking to get the engine going then release the hounds saves on rubber.
Sponsored