Road/wind noise

LanceRushing

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 On Order
The first time I test drove a 2021 I was extremely impressed with the lack of wind and road noise. Since then I have test drove 10-15 trucks. Only 3 other trucks achieved the same level of silence.

I have been mostly test driving XLT 302As. Most have been 18" wheels, 4x4, with 3.55

4 Trucks I would give an 'A' grade
2 Trucks I would give a 'C'
The rest were 'B'

Even driving trucks back to back from the same dealership, same wheels, same mirrors, same test drive route had noticeable differences.

Makes me nervous about placing an order.
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am very happy with the road and wind noise. If you crank the window down youre gonna get noise nothing you can do about that.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone else pretty disappointed at the amount of road noise present inside the cab? Not only that but If I crack my window, there is an extremely loud whistle that I've never experienced in any other vehicle. I plan on tearing the seats and flooring out this weekend and loading up the cab with as much deadening material as possible to see if that will quiet things down.
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership info? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!

coconutgroves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I also have a significant wind noise on the driver side - not the passenger or rear sides. Something doesn't seem right with the seals - I test drove other trucks and didn't hear it, so something isn't seating right on mine.

22Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5
Occupation
Project Manager
I also have a significant wind noise on the driver side - not the passenger or rear sides. Something doesn't seem right with the seals - I test drove other trucks and didn't hear it, so something isn't seating right on mine.
Same here, drivers window area only

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
There is an option in FDRS to recalibrate some stuff including the windows that took care of the wind noise for me. I don't think the driver window was going all the way up and that was fixed with the calibration.

Who are you

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
My truck expiries the significant road noise on the passenger side only at speed. Overall the quality seems terrible compared to others that post here. So guess will start a posting blitz of all the issues.

@Ford Motor Company

coconutgroves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I read a review comparing Ford, Dodge and Toyota's newest trucks and the reviewer said that the Ford was the quietest with around 64 decibels at highway speed. So i tested this (Apple Watch has a decibel meter app). It was right around 64 to 65. But I still think it could be quieter.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
There is an option in FDRS to recalibrate some stuff including the windows that took care of the wind noise for me. I don't think the driver window was going all the way up and that was fixed with the calibration.
Wonder if that can be done with Forscan. Mine has a bit of wind noise coming from the top leading corner of the driver's front window. Need to test the window seating with a sheet of paper to see if it's closing completely.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
There is a great deal of sound dampening material in the cabs of the 2022 trucks and mine is very quiet at 70 mph. I have to watch my speed as wind noise is too low to use as an indicator.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my 22 king ranch is super quiet
my 21 f250 was pretty quiet
this 22 puppy is really absent of harmonic noise or reverb from the rear.
the twin panel roof thing is not as loud as it was in my 2016 expedition, but you know its there
we have DOT high traction asphalt, which is 1/4 to 3/8 rocks in the tar mix so those roads are horrible at making lots of tire noise
i get a bit of wind noise from the in channel window visor drip things but its still very nice inside the cabin compared to other vehicles
my wifes edge reads 64-67 db at 65 on the high traction stuff and my 22 reads 60- 62 db on same road.
never measured the 21 250, but it was almost as quiet as the 22 150 we have now

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
I have wind noise / buffeting from the drivers mirror. If i retract the mirror while in motion the noise goes away and the noise returns immediately when the mirrors are extended.

The passenger side is quiet, and in fact when riding as a passenger I can hear the noise coming from the drivers mirror from the passenger seat.

True North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-125 Ford One Gallon Flush Toilet
I have wind noise / buffeting from the drivers mirror. If i retract the mirror while in motion the noise goes away and the noise returns immediately when the mirrors are extended.

The passenger side is quiet, and in fact when riding as a passenger I can hear the noise coming from the drivers mirror from the passenger seat.
I have an early 21 which has had the driver side wind noise since day one. Out of the shop again today and still have the same problem. I believe that is my 7th or 8th trip to two different dealerships for the same problem with no fix. I lose track of the number of hours/days/dollars I`ve spent dealing with just this much less the other problems. One thing I will never forget is the 26,000 and growing most miserable miles I`ve ever spent in a vehicle. They`re going to order some different door trim and molding parts but if that doesn`t work then its going to be a new drivers door which is what should have happened 8 trips and 2 years ago.
My point is, since you obviously cant drive around with your mirrors folded in, even though Ford will probably tell that`s the fix, you might have to go through the same pain I`m going through. It`s discouraging to see that I have an early 21 and you a 22 and the problem still exist. I doubt Ford can fix all the problems with these trucks in even ten years at which time they`ll introduce a "new" model and start the cycle all over again. If we get a window noise solution, I will PM you with it as it`s time members of this forum stop giving clueless Fo.Mo.Co. fixes and notifications for their vehicles. One thing for certain, over 50 years of buying Ford trucks and this is the most screwed up vehicle and company I've ever seen. GLTA

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
I have an early 21 which has had the driver side wind noise since day one. Out of the shop again today and still have the same problem. I believe that is my 7th or 8th trip to two different dealerships for the same problem with no fix. I lose track of the number of hours/days/dollars I`ve spent dealing with just this much less the other problems. One thing I will never forget is the 26,000 and growing most miserable miles I`ve ever spent in a vehicle. They`re going to order some different door trim and molding parts but if that doesn`t work then its going to be a new drivers door which is what should have happened 8 trips and 2 years ago.
My point is, since you obviously cant drive around with your mirrors folded in, even though Ford will probably tell that`s the fix, you might have to go through the same pain I`m going through. It`s discouraging to see that I have an early 21 and you a 22 and the problem still exist. I doubt Ford can fix all the problems with these trucks in even ten years at which time they`ll introduce a "new" model and start the cycle all over again. If we get a window noise solution, I will PM you with it as it`s time members of this forum stop giving clueless Fo.Mo.Co. fixes and notifications for their vehicles. One thing for certain, over 50 years of buying Ford trucks and this is the most screwed up vehicle and company I've ever seen. GLTA
And I thought I was going to save some grief by waiting for a 2022 so Ford could work out the problems. Unfortunately thats not case as I have a long list of problems, beyond the wind noise.

bassaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L
Same problem here. Wind noise/buffeting around 50mph+ from drivers door. I too tracked this down to the mirror, however, I think the mirror noise is normal. What isn't normal is the door allowing the noise into the cab. Tried all known tricks and even some I came up with myself. No change unless I fold in mirrors or add latex tubing to plug the mirror housing openings. Still troubleshooting here and there but learned to live with it for the most part. Recent dealer visit for some recalls resulted in the typical "unable to duplicate concern".

Besides the noise, truck is phenomenal.
Sponsored