First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Let me know how that works out. I really don’t like the look of the tow mirrors but if it fixes the problem I am game.
I really don't either. But I will be getting a travel trailer in the future, so I guess I have to go that route. And....They do not have gaps like the standard ones.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Thanks for this information. I resolved it by placing some adhesive foam tape in both those location with the mirrors closed. When the mirrors are
20211001_160426.jpg
deployed it is hardly noticeable and resolved the noise problem.
Going to have to try this "fix" for mine. (y)

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Thanks for this information. I resolved it by placing some adhesive foam tape in both those location with the mirrors closed. When the mirrors are
20211001_160426.jpg
deployed it is hardly noticeable and resolved the noise problem.
Has this foam tape fix still resolved your issue?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Has this foam tape fix still resolved your issue?
I did it on mine and it cut the wind noise way down at freeway speeds. There still is some but not like before where I swore there was a bad weather seal or something.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Bump...Going to pick some up this week as the noise is driving me nuts.

Sponsored

bassaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L
The foam tape trick made mine worse. Turned the wind noise into a high pitch noise. I took the foam off and adhesive removal was a bit of a challenge. Rubbing alcohol is worth it's weight in gold sometimes.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
The foam tape trick made mine worse. Turned the wind noise into a high pitch noise. I took the foam off and adhesive removal was a bit of a challenge. Rubbing alcohol is worth it's weight in gold sometimes.
Mine did the same thing until I doubled up on the foam pads. You can also test it with some painter's tape to see what portion of the mirror gap makes the most noise and then put foam there.

nosnhojm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Has anyone gotten this issue resolved?

I have wind noise on my 2022 lariat when driving over 50mph that is reduced (but not eliminated) when mirrors are folded. My 2017 with tow mirrors was much quieter; no wind noise and less road noise.

Dealer says they can't reproduce, Ford says its mirror turbulence and is normal. I can't tape/foam the mirror joint as it would just come off in the car wash (mirrors are folded). I've removed the mirror and checked inspected seals. Sealed the a-pillar mounting holes with tape. Recalibrated the window auto-up/down.
Sponsored