Line-X done seeing "Reverse backup not available" error message

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
So I had X-line installed on my truck bed two days ago. '21 Lariat 501A, 5.5' bed, FX4.
I know Line-x process requires them to remove the tailgate and spray tailgate separately but after inspecting the bed and checking the tailgate if the cameras, lights, and power tailgate feature work. I paid and I took off.
After backing up to park at work the truck displayed a message saying " Reverse backup not available" I checked all doors including tailgate and they all close properly, traction control is ON, all back-up sensors and cross traffic are ON, I wiped all sensors and cameras but still getting this message.
I can turn it off using the sync 4 or by disabling it using forscan but knowing the fact i have an error message is a bit annoying.

Has anyone come across this issue and have been able to resolve it without taking the truck to the dealer?
Thanks
Ford F-150 Line-X done seeing "Reverse backup not available" error message Image (1)
Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Might want to check to see if your back bumper proximity sensors are working. Put the truck in reverse and have someone wave their hands in front of each sensor. The wiring may have been disconnected when they were taping and masking. It’s a long shot but at least something to check.

bizu1108

First Name
BigTurtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had exactly the same issue as you. I had Line-X bedliner and the "reverse brake assist not available" came up when I set on reverse. Follow this thread, I posted my experience in resolving the issue and someone also posted that there is TSB for the issue. I would suggest going to the dealer and have them check on the IPMA. Either reprogram/recalibrate or replace it with a new one and with new programming (what i did). Hope everything works out.

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I know, why you brining a thread up from the dead. Well, I wanted to convey the info I received from my local LineX Dealer as not all of them as informed as he is.

When i went In to drop off the truck, I asked him if they remove the Tail Gate. He said they do and said, don't worry i know of the issue with the 2021 trucks. We have to back the truck into the bay, drop the tailgate then lock it and let the system go to sleep before we fully remove the Tailgate. Must work as I have no issues.

Again, just for anyone out there who had this as a concern as it was one of my concerns with some of the threads I had read.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I know, why you brining a thread up from the dead. Well, I wanted to convey the info I received from my local LineX Dealer as not all of them as informed as he is.
More just FYI - apparently not all Line-X dealers use the same procedures.

Mine was applied without removing the tailgate or any electrical connectors (I have the fully-powered tailgate), they showed me how they (Line-X in Austin, TX) lower and support the tailgate below horizontal for the required access to mask, prep, and spray.

A beautiful job, the coating wraps over the metal edges of the bed and tailgate just as it should, no issues whatsoever.

Ford F-150 Line-X done seeing "Reverse backup not available" error message 04-r-
Sponsored