First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I had the TSB done yesterday and it didn't fix the issue. Going to share some info from this thread with the Service Manager today. Wish me luck.

riverdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 scabXLT,5.0, 2015 HDFLHXSE
My truck had this issue upon delivery in Dec 21 (Dealer had Linex applied). I waited until my first oil change to give them a shot to correct; I figured the process would be figured out with more time.
I provided a TSB discussed here along with suggestions on harness(es), modules, camera calibration. Service Manager had a bewildered look, telling me they did all they could and are waiting from Ford on how to proceed. I asked for paperwork on what transpired and was told there is no paperwork as the job is still open. He handed me the FOB and I left, probably looking as confused as he looked.... not knowing if I even have to pay for my oil change (or if I got one).
Turns out I did get the oil change... and they took payment from my Ford points... didn't know they could without my authorization. I turned off the reverse brake assist.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I had the same issue after having my bed Rhino lined. I took it to the dealer twice to have it cleared and recalibrated but the error kept coming back. When I took it back for the third time they replaced a camera and it seemed to have worked. I am not sure which camera they replaced but for some reason I think it was the camera in the driver's side mirror.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Mine does odd things. Sometimes, dependent on situation (I'm sorry I don't recall the exact situations..) the reverse brake assist see manual thing goes off. But it always comes back without any input from me.

I find it annoying in that backing past my fence out of the drive sets the sensors off and sometimes it just slams on the brakes for me. Not all the time though. Is there a same system for the front? Because when I park in the garage I usually get about an inch away from the wall and it beeps the whole time but never stops the truck. Not even pre-collision warning goes off.

Though the damn pre collision warning sometimes goes off when I 6 cars away from someone slowing down.

Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Truck goes back into dealership on Tuesday. The Service Manager says they found a more updated fix than the TSB. I hope so. Wish me luck.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Truck goes back into dealership on Tuesday. The Service Manager says they found a more updated fix than the TSB. I hope so. Wish me luck.
So update, two days after the TSB service the system seems to have reset itself? No message when I put truck in reverse now. I'll keep an eye on it, but hopefully it's fixed.

cjreyes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
So update, two days after the TSB service the system seems to have reset itself? No message when I put truck in reverse now. I'll keep an eye on it, but hopefully it's fixed.
Can you tell us exactly what they did to fix it? A new TSB?

Sponsored

Bob Evans

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
So. This is a follow-up to my post in Nov. 2021. I’ve been back to the dealer 3 times for various “fixes”. I’ve done re-installing of software twice. I just went for a module replacement. Problem is still not fixed. While they did fix the Active Park Assist being off by default (even though it was on in the settings), they have not cracked the “Reverse Break Assist Unavailable” problem.

I have to say… this is quite frustrating. My dealer is 30 minutes away and the programming tech only works during the week. That means I‘m without a truck on at least one work day (forget the time to drive back-and-forth to the dealer).

I’m truly frustrated.

Scott95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
So. This is a follow-up to my post in Nov. 2021. I’ve been back to the dealer 3 times for various “fixes”. I’ve done re-installing of software twice. I just went for a module replacement. Problem is still not fixed. While they did fix the Active Park Assist being off by default (even though it was on in the settings), they have not cracked the “Reverse Break Assist Unavailable” problem.

I have to say… this is quite frustrating. My dealer is 30 minutes away and the programming tech only works during the week. That means I‘m without a truck on at least one work day (forget the time to drive back-and-forth to the dealer).

I’m truly frustrated.
Have you requested an appointment with a Ford field service rep? The lemon law may be in play.

Kshort62

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 limited Powerboost,
Occupation
Process Control Technician
Well , this is a new to me .. 22 Limited PB just started getting the “Reverse brake assist not available see manual “ have washed the truck, checked doors , hood and tailgate , drove on a straight road … restarted the tuck .. it’s still happening… been trying stuff for 3 days .. what is the TSB .. I’ll be calling the dealer tomorrow..

Kshort62

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 limited Powerboost,
Occupation
Process Control Technician
Well , this is a new to me .. 22 Limited PB just started getting the “Reverse brake assist not available see manual “ have washed the truck, checked doors , hood and tailgate , drove on a straight road … restarted the tuck .. it’s still happening… been trying stuff for 3 days .. what is the TSB .. I’ll be calling the dealer tomorrow..
[/QUOTE

Dealership had to do a software update/change to get it to clear … can’t wait to see what it will be next month …

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Have you recently received the 6.8.0 update?

I had a similar issue, that has since gone away - https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-is-a-nothing-burger-for-me.21835/post-420606

I do not know what actually fixed it, but I tried turning off/on the feature and sensors in the Sync menu, and it started working again.
Sponsored